Diagnostics Code: 14-495

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Well it appears that my HR-23 has died on me. I'm getting the error message that there is a problem in the storage device. Fortunately I have the protection plan so I called & they are sending me a "new(replacement)" DVR. I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me ever to watch "Robocroc."

I suspended my service for 6 months last year,& when I hooked it back up after being in storage,it said that. But then it started working again,so no problem. We had a power failure last night & then it stopped working. I thought that history would repeat itself,but that didn't happen.

On the plus side the HDDVRS that been sent out here lately have all been HR24's ;)
I know,wow,they sent me a HR 24-200. I just need to activate it now. It was pretty fast how it came too. When I activate it,I'll ask about returning the HR23. Also,how can I mate the remote that was connected(mated) with my HR23 to my new HR24? How do I clear my old remote?

Your old remote should work with the HR24 the same as it did with the HR23 without changing anything as long as it was in ir mode. If you were using rf, you may need to run the setup again. If it's an RC65 model, I think it will practically set itself up.

Your old remote should work with the HR24 the same as it did with the HR23 without changing anything as long as it was in ir mode. If you were using rf, you may need to run the setup again. If it's an RC65 model, I think it will practically set itself up.
I have the RC64 model for my HR23. It's in IR mode so I figure I'll do initial remote set up & then mate the new receiver to the old remote.

I don't think you will have to do anything, it should work as is.

Activated new receiver through website without having to call Directv for support,now I'm D/L'ing the national release software & I should be good to go. No problems with my remote.

It should just work, no need for a different setup...

Activated new receiver through website without having to call Directv for support,now I'm D/L'ing the national release software & I should be good to go. No problems with my remote.

I did the same thing Monday night ... Activated online, that was GREAT, didn't have to deal with the CSR's.

I know,no hassle,worked just fine. A question to anybody who knows,will DIRECTV send me a box to return my old HR23?

Yes, they will send a "recovery kit", but it might take a few weeks..

I did the same thing Monday night ... Activated online, that was GREAT, didn't have to deal with the CSR's.

I know,no hassle,worked just fine. A question to anybody who knows,will DIRECTV send me a box to return my old HR23?

Did the box the HR24 arrived in not have a return label?

My replacement recvr had a Return Label in it to send the old recvr back, said to do it within 7 days I believe.

No return label in the inside pouch.Just instructions that if I don't see a prepaid label in the pouch outside the box,to go to directv.com/recycle for information on what to do.

I'm surprised they did not include a return label in the outside pouch. Like Jimbo's experience, they included a return label on my replacement (same thing as you ... bad disk drive). D* CS was quite clear that they wanted the old receiver back with the card. They check the card for any unpaid movie rentals. And like others have said, I was totally blown away at how fast the new receiver showed up.

I'm surprised they did not include a return label in the outside pouch. Like Jimbo's experience, they included a return label on my replacement (same thing as you ... bad disk drive). D* CS was quite clear that they wanted the old receiver back with the card. They check the card for any unpaid movie rentals. And like others have said, I was totally blown away at how fast the new receiver showed up.

That said, this is the FIRST time they have used the existing box for returns ... at least when I have had to return them.

This is probably a much smarter idea and they get the old recvrs back quicker this way seeing they don't have to wait for another box to be sent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)