Dial 9 Prefix

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2uniforms

Nov 20, 2004
I want to install DTV in my home/office. I need to dial 9 to get an outside line. Is there a way that DTV receivers can compensate for this. I've researched a bunch of forums and couldn't find any FAQ's about it. I will have 3 of the basic receivers.

Yep.

The method for accessing the dialing options varies, but yes. No matter what receiver you have you can change/compensate for any dialing prefix. You can even program it to have a hard 2 second pause after dialing 9 before it dials any other numbers.
Be aware, if this is located in a home/office and the address is listed as business they may make you pay for commercial service.

I connected the receiver to my tv and just finished scrolling through all the set up options on the receiver. It doesn't look like I can change my dialing options. I haven't hooked up the dish yet. Will something change when I do hook up the dish? You're right about the home business listing. I don't want to have to buy the business programming and I'm thinking that if I have to call a service rep to change my dialing options, I'll be hosed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)