Not open for further replies.

kresston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 29, 2004
Home of the HOKIES!!
Hey guys,

Since I live out in the middle of nowhere the only options for internet are dialup and satellite, and well I can't afford satellite so that leaves me with dialup. Currently I use MSN Dialup because I get a really good deal for internet with them. I pay less than the local ISP's so I feel like I'm getting a bargain, and more speed since I dial a closer number than my local ISP's. That said, I use DUN to connect to MSN without using the bloatware dialup software they require. Starting yesterday I couldn't connect to one the sites I need to use for my college composition class. http://comment.bedfordstmartins.com/commentnb is the website that will not load on the three computers I have in my home, via MSN dialup or over my wireless LAN connected to the MSN dialup service. I know that I have typed it correctly since I typed it from the packaging that came with my textbook. But here is the kicker, I also have a free account with Netzero, in case MSN is messing up I can verify that its MSN and not me. Well I connected to my Netzero account and pointed Firefox and Internet Explorer to the above website. It loaded flawlessly. If anyone knows whats wrong could you please let me know so I can fix it, I had to upload an essay using Netzero and I verified its there, but I prefer to use just MSN instead of having to load Netzero to view this one page. Thanks!

kresston

Anything is possible, but I would assume you would have many other sites of couldn't get to but who knows.

Well to be honest, I don't really visit many sites, mostly here, eBay, Gmail, and thats about it other than stuff for school. Although its completely possible that there are other sites that I can't get to I probably will never know it. :D I do wish I could get to that site since its where I have to put my essays up for my class and I get "comments" from other students and my professor. Time will tell I guess.

Well it could be a DNS problem on MSN side also.

One way to find out would be to edit your host file on one of the machines to see if that works.

add

64.124.160.191 comment.bedfordstmartins.c#m

Replace # with and o since this board wouln't let me post a url.

If it comes up your having a DNS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)