Diamond-9000 Firmware Hepl??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1captain

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I have had a Diamond-9000 for almost a year now an it was brand new from a reputable dealer, an like it. so I decided to get another 1, now got this 1 in today from a seller on e-bay that sells just about every thing, not just satellite parts an receivers an so far it looks.

but my ? is how can you tell with a Diamond if it came from the eye patch gang? it seems to have the same soft-ware that my 1st had 100. an the menu looks the same.

now this is what "system Info" read
SW-Version- 0.10 (Aug 2007)
HW-Version- 1.00
Boot Version- 1.00
Ch- Version- E006

Now so far it seems legit, but I don't know how to tell with out loading the 104, an putting it on a S-2 channel.

this is what mine has on it

Model : 9000 HD
SW-Version :1.04 (Oct 4 2007)
HW-Version : 1.00
Boot Version: 1.00
Ch- Version: E007

I haven't updated it before , i just edit the channel list

I have had a Diamond-9000 for almost a year now an it was brand new from a reputable dealer, an like it. so I decided to get another 1, now got this 1 in today from a seller on e-bay that sells just about every thing, not just satellite parts an receivers an so far it looks.

but my ? is how can you tell with a Diamond if it came from the eye patch gang? it seems to have the same soft-ware that my 1st had 100. an the menu looks the same.

now this is what "system Info" read
SW-Version- 0.10 (Aug 2007)
HW-Version- 1.00
Boot Version- 1.00
Ch- Version- E006

Now so far it seems legit, but I don't know how to tell with out loading the 104, an putting it on a S-2 channel.

Not sure what "the 104" is? Is that the 10/4/07 firmware on the Diamond site???

Anyway, I was unlucky enough to buy one on ebay that had the pirate software on it. From what I have read on other groups, if it has ever had that 131p version loaded on it, and then load any version of factory firmware over top of it, that it will work, but it will have no audio. After reading that, I decided to not risk loading up the factory firmware, unless they come out with a new version, and since it's been over a year since the 10/4/07 version, it isn't looking like a new version is likely to ever come out.

So, if what I've read is true, then I would just load up any sat channel, and see if you get audio. If you get audio, then I'd assume that it hasn't had the 131p firmware on it. I would also try tuning in any HD channel, such as PBS HD, or one of the network HD channels. The network HD channels have nasty video freezes for me. PBS freezes too, but not nearly so badly, and sometimes I don't even notice it unless I watch carefully for a few minutes. Supposedly the factory firmware doesn't freeze like that. Mine works fine on OTA, so I mainly use it as an OTA PVR.

Not sure what "the 104" is? Is that the 10/4/07 firmware on the Diamond site???
"1.04" is Factory, second gen., unit shipped with "0.04"

The network HD channels have nasty video freezes for me.
Yes, that will happen with any "P" firmware.

if it has ever had that 131p version loaded on it, and then load any version of factory firmware over top of it, that it will work, but it will have no audio.
Sound will return after re-loading 131P.

just a quick up date, have "NOT" loaded any software as of yet.

now my 1st I got had to update to 1.04 to get the S-2 to play this 1 is like my 1st 1.

ok hook up an scan a C-band fine audio on all, execpt for the live HD speed feed out of Daytona, then started to get worried. then drove the dish down to Gal-14 scan in some HD an SD, all played fine with audio, now I am feeling better. an viewed a HD picture for over 30 minutes an no freeze, so might have got a good 1.

need to spend some time with it an check it out, don't have time now got to take the wife out. but will report back.

Thank You all for the help.

Don't worry, it's Dolby E only, no MPEG Backup.

Thanks Lak7.

Now my Pan-9000 tunes that audio in just fine.
now the Diamond won't tune that audio at all, even tried optical out.
so just learned something.
no Dolby E on the diamond.

an also had same audio problem with my 1st Diamond that I got. but what is funny with both on that freq when I did a scan it scans audio PID as 256, an Pan scans as 257. so tried to do a PID manual scan enter PIDs an scan an it, but the Diamond scan it with audio PID of 256. some thing with that freq the Diamond does not like.

Nothing does Dolby E, excpet commercial equip.

Don't worry, it's Dolby E only, no MPEG Backup.
MPEG back-up audio is now available.

On the Diamond's remote, below the Power Button, there is the Audio Button.
Press the Audio button and select the other Audio source. It may be listed as Spanish or French.

Got it Lak7,
Thank You

boy do I feel stupid, work with so much gear, just over look the Audio button.

an a update so far this Diamond it is just what the power seller on e-bay said, all was sealed in box an looked factory sealed like he had posted.

now after playing with it an making sure it was not used before, now will update to 1.04 firmware an put my channel list in that I have on the other Diamond. an this 1 seems to have a better tuner than the 1st one.

Pansat-9000 has 88 for Q
1st Diamond has 90 for Q
this Diamond has 98 for Q
all on that same HD feed, with the same dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)