PBS 2009 updates for Montana pbs & other pbs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stephen P Harden

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
wenatchee
What is the latest info for Montana PBS my info says its still on 125w but the last few weeks I have not been able to get it. Also on the same location pbs x west, pbs x east, and pbs 501 to 504 seem to only give me audio and no video . I do get pbs world ,create , and spanish pbs video and ac3 audio just fine. any help or news would be help full thankyou from Stephen in Wenatchee, Washington

There are some prior threads here that contain links to some PDF files that documented the changes you are asking about. Mainly most of the SD stuff was going HD.

Here's a lengthy one I remember the most:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/150263-amc-21-a.html

Most of the programming service channels went to HD back in December if I recall.

Some of the SD versions of the schedules should still be available around 12120 V and 12140 H, SR 30000 I believe... This is coming from memory though so I could be off.

PBS Montana and their sister channel are spaced too close together, and thats depending on your receiver bandwidth filter can lock it in.

Here's the freq, 12.096 GHz, V and 12.103 GHz, V the bitrates are the same at 4.340 MBs.:)

You might want to punch it in manually on this freqs.....

Hope this helps......:)

Montana PBS is only on 12104....

best thing to do is see the "AMC21" thread posted above. Basically come mid february the PBS channels are going HD

PBS will be HD and is getting a west feed
the "other" channels (V-Me, World, Create) are staying in SD

Montana PBS is staying SD

Two points:

- that AMC 21 thread meanders like a one on AVSforum! :eek:
And I'll admit to some off-topic posts in it, too!
So, a short list with just the current facts would be useful.
As long as TheList is updated regularly, I'll point folks to that as the authoritative source! - :up

- we need someone at PBS somewhere to just forward us their FAXes or Memos on frequency changes.
It's not secret. It's PBS, after all.
So, that would make it easier for everyone! - :D

That's my 2¢. What's yours? - :rolleyes:

My PBS engr. friend said he can not be quoted.... However, "PBS is into fund raising by station. Therrefore, since we do not show up on the fund raising screen, we do not count for support. Perhaps if someone with a Satellite Guys 'title' were to write to the CFO of PBS and ask that they set up a donor acount for FTA - AMC21 and they were to see some donations, we might end up with a little clout. As it is, we show up by our zip code..." I show up as KBTS even though I am 250 miles for their footprint.

"PBS is into fund raising by station. Therrefore, since we do not show up on the fund raising screen, we do not count for support. Perhaps if someone with a Satellite Guys 'title' were to write to the CFO of PBS and ask that they set up a donor acount for FTA - AMC21 and they were to see some donations, we might end up with a little clout. As it is, we show up by our zip code..." I show up as KBTS even though I am 250 miles for their footprint.

When I visit the PBS site I show up as Montana, even though I'm over 1000 miles away from Bozeman. When I joined Friends of Montana PBS I made it very clear to them where I was and how I was watching them, and checked the box saying I wanted my name mentioned on-air during their donation drive.

PBS does support C-Band at their site:

PBS | TV Schedules

But no mention of AMC-21.

If you want to become an honorary Montanan, "for a mere $2.92/month donation, that's less than 10 cents per day" they'll mail you their program guide. ;)

most current info

basically TP21 (12120) is temporary and will be gone on 2/11/09. After that date all that will be left for PBS is HD. As mentioned above V-Me, World & Create will still be there in SD

Attachments

• Transponder Service Assignments Dec 21 2008-Feb 10 2009.pdf
    14.3 KB · Views: 571
Thankyou to all for the info. I was able to get Montana pbs back on my Fortech ultra but not my Fortech Dynamic maybe I have not done my search correct. I also use a Fortech merc 2 as well as , 4dtv ,& Manhattan 1500. I use a 7.5 foot dish for C & Ku bands. My next purchase will be a HD receiver I prefer ones with blind search ability but also let me pick the sr etc. For fun I help people set up low cost systems to get amc 4 101 degrees w. as for myself I like to get many other satellights as well like at 97, 101, 125.
Have a super day and thankyou again for the help. Stephen from Wenatchee, Wa

Also, to add to the PBS thread... Don't forget about the Estrella Do Sol PBS mux at 63W. PBS programming in SD with no AC3 to worry about. I mention this to those who do not have AC3 or HD.

But that is on a beam..Once in a while I can get it very low quality (63-64 on CS5000 which is threshold)

But that is on a beam..Once in a while I can get it very low quality (63-64 on CS5000 which is threshold)

True, it is on a beam, but for the guy who needs his NOVA fix, it may be an alternative in the Southern and Eastern parts of the US.

If you want to become an honorary Montanan, "for a mere $2.92/month donation, that's less than 10 cents per day" they'll mail you their program guide. ;)

I support Montana PBS because it's one of my favorite channels. I call with a pledge when they have a "beg" drive on the Saturday evening brit-coms. When they hear I'm from New Mexico and watch via satellite they get all excited. I also support my local OTA PBS. What can I say, I’m a PBS junkie. :D

I support Montana PBS because it's one of my favorite channels. I call with a pledge when they have a "beg" drive on the Saturday evening brit-coms. When they hear I'm from New Mexico and watch via satellite they get all excited. I also support my local OTA PBS. What can I say, I’m a PBS junkie. :D

I'm glad to hear of their excitement when you've called in. I imagine you could speak to one of the big wigs at Montana PBS by calling their office, it's seems like a user-friendly operation.

If the national PBS organization would acknowledge its FTA Ku viewers, I think that would be a good thing for FTA.

I also watch the other affiliates sometimes on AMC-21, I don't mean to single out Montana as the only one worth supporting.

Ok I'm confused??? I scanned the 125W and got a bunch of PBS stuff. Montana PBS was the only thing with audio I could hear. Is the rest of the channels AC3? Also after the February cut off what will be left in SD? Montana PBS or ???? Thanks! Blind:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)