PBS Channels lost on AMC 21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Crashemhard

Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
We watch PBS channels on AMC 21. They dropped off. AMC 121 shows up on Galaxy 16. There is a signal on transponder 11450, but when I scan no programs are found. How do I get the PBS channels back again?

Peter

Do you know how motors work in terms of finding satellites?
I gave up on motors years ago in favor of individual fixed dishes. Much easier to set up in my opinion. That being said, If your dish and motor are aligned properly finding and scanning additional satellites is simple. You can do it all from the comfort of your couch using your receivers remote control.

Do you know how motors work in terms of finding satellites?

Read this tutorial that someone put together. :)

They moved to G16 @ 99W

12140 30000 7 channel PBS MUX

11718 2390 Montana PBS
Can you supply PID's for 12140 and 11718? They are not coming up in a blind scan for some reason on my (old) GeosatPro MicroHD receiver although I had no issues on 125W for years and until the move to 99W. I know I'm on the bird because the channels come in on my GTMEDIA V8 sat finder. 10' BUD that's been in service since early 80's. I only use dish for PBS feeds these days.
Thanks for any info, Steve

Can you supply PID's for 12140 and 11718? They are not coming up in a blind scan for some reason on my (old) GeosatPro MicroHD receiver although I had no issues on 125W for years and until the move to 99W. I know I'm on the bird because the channels come in on my GTMEDIA V8 sat finder. 10' BUD that's been in service since early 80's. I only use dish for PBS feeds these days.
Thanks for any info, Steve
I don't have a dish pointed towards that bird at this time. I'll refer you to.....

Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W - LyngSat

Reactions: SLOBUD
Installed a GTMEDIA 4K "GT COMBO" receiver (western satellites are preprogrammed in) and G16 scan brought in all the PBS channels. Appears the issue was with the old GeosatPro MicroHD receiver, had it for many years, successful upgrade.

Reactions: FTA4PA
What are suggestions for receiving the PBS Mux at 99W with a 37“/94cm dish? I’m receiving PBS Montana at a regular quality signal of 75% to 90% during the past week, 62% at lowest--commonly 86% to 90% during daytime hours. But, I have yet to get the PBS Mux trying the install numerous days and hours. I do have a tree in front of the dish, 57‘ away, 21‘ high that I’ve considered cutting branches from the top of.

I am in the same boat with my Manhattan RC‐1978. Montana comes in but no Mux. I have a WS 7630 dish as well. I tried a single lnb and no luck yet.

The Canadian wildfire smoke at the northeast Virginia uplink area, as I understand it, on numerous days per NOAA, doesn't seem to be the cause. As I've tried installing the mux on seemingly smoke free days and at the same time cloud free days on my end.

I gave up on motors years ago in favor of individual fixed dishes. Much easier to set up in my opinion. That being said, If your dish and motor are aligned properly finding and scanning additional satellites is simple. You can do it all from the comfort of your couch using your receivers remote control.
I am just about to that point myself! I had things working perfectly at our old location,move about 30 miles away and I can't get things running here. Tried with two different motors and set em up as I always do but still doesn't track for nothing!

I am just about to that point myself! I had things working perfectly at our old location,move about 30 miles away and I can't get things running here. Tried with two different motors and set em up as I always do but still doesn't track for nothing!
As you are probably aware. The mounting pole must be perfectly plumb with a motor.

It shows plumb with the dish and motor,or at least it did before all this blasted rain set in. I've putting that project on the back burner but as soon as this monsoon clears I'm gonna get back at it see whats going on. I tried it last night but according to the blind scan data it was going to 105 so I'm guessing my friends the deer have probably been scratching their backs on the dish again Thanks for the tip!
As you are probably aware. The mounting pole must be perfectly plumb with a motor.
It shows plumb with the dish and motor installed but since this blasted monsoon has taken over I couldn't swear to that now. As soon as this monsoon clears I'm gonna get back on it see whats going on. I tried last night late for 99 but from the blindscan info it's going clean to 105! Guessing my buddies the deer have been scratching their backs on the dish again. Ain't had much use for deer since one ran into our van several years back now and really messed it up. Thanks for the tip!!

I also got a motor. How do I find out what the center sat is at lat 35, long 120?
From dishpointer.com, either 123W or 117W each have reliable full-time linear transponders.

1687879521186.png

1687879572747.png

Reactions: Lee60