PBS 2009 updates for Montana pbs & other pbs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The NBC station is a low power station.

you are correct. The fact it has an actual callsign and not K50FF or something proves its a station....and the -lp gives it away ;)

It is not a low translator station because it shows local commercials
actually I've seen translator stations have local commercials...very rarely but it has happened

Got the Sonic voom yesterday....it works great! Fixed up a cable to run to the speakers on the tv and it worked. Wow now the grandkids can overdose on PBS kids. Thanks! Blind:)

Got the Sonic voom yesterday....it works great! Fixed up a cable to run to the speakers on the tv and it worked. Wow now the grandkids can overdose on PBS kids. Thanks! Blind:)

That's great news.

It raises a question, how much does it cost to add AC3 decoding to a box? I thought I heard that Dolby's licensing fees were rather modest, if that's the reason so many boxes don't have it. I'm glad there's an inexpensive work-around, but much prefer using my box which decodes AC3 on its own.

And when the price gets low enough we will all get us an Hd receiver! That's on my wish list for one of these days. Blind

For me blind scan is a must. Along with 4.2.2 and S2 decoding. Basically I would like a receiver that does it all. At this time, none exist, at least not in North America.

Here are the transponder assignments as only the HD feeds for PBS are available 24/7

Create, World & V-Me are still in SD

Attachments

• PBS Transponder Service Assignments 2009-02-11.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 280
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts