Diamond 9000HD Firmware Request

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I have tried to get a response out of Digiwave for well over a month now, and finally got a response from their tech support today.

Here is what I requested:
I have written three times now asking about a firmware update to the Diamond 9000HD.

I have asked for the ability to input DVB-S2 transponders with the remote rather than having to do it with the NDFEditor and then uploading it to the receiver?

I also asked about adding the ability to blind-scan DVB-S signals?

The third thing that would be nice is for the OTA Program Guide and PVR functionality? Would like the ability to use the guide and select programs for recording?

I have not received even a response acknowledging my emails.

I love the 9000HD, but would like to have a response.

How do I know that you even support your products if I don't get a response.

After 3 phone calls, and a guarantee from the US sales person that if I forwarded the request to her, she would see that I got a response.

Here is th response:
Dear customer,

Thanks a lot for your business.

We will tansfer your questions to the manufacturer’s technical department. We will inform you when they reply us.

Yours truly

Digiwave technical support

They can be contacted at support at digiwave dot ca

The US sales person is maria at digiwave dot ca

All owners of the Diamond 9000HD should flood them with these requests. :)

I've posted this before:

If the damned thing would record OTA, from an on-screen guide, and didn't do squat for FTA, I'd buy one.
It won't, and I didn't.
AND, my impression of their support for what I deemed an orphan product was pretty poor.

Reputation is based on a number of things.
So far, they're not lookin' too good.
Great hardware, though, no doubt.

that is interesting. you mean that the PVR feature does not work while viewing OTA channels or just that there is no guide data?

that is interesting. you mean that the PVR feature does not work while viewing OTA channels?

Not at all, it works quite well for me at least.

What I mean is that you could pull up the OTA programming guide and select something in the future, and it would change channels and record the selection when the time came. )

i see what you mean. I just bought one for $100. i am 99% sure it will have 3rd party firmware on it, which really concerns me because of what I have heard with the audio. the guy kept telling my how it was a real POS, but had an amazing picture when it worked, LOL. For that price, I figured why not. He mailed it out today so I should have it in a few days. Depending, of course, on iKE.

i have since took down my AMC4 dish (gifted it w/ a visionsat) so now I am looking forward to this receiver for my OTA and G18. I will be happy for now so long as I can rewind/pause a game in HD, but I would like the features you are after as well.

did you send any emails to tech support on ftadiamond dot com?

"whois" ftadiamond, same phone and address as Digiwave. Use that Phone Number extention to call for service, you may get a better response.
Digiwave is just the "supplier" for the Diamond. They are / were MFG'd buy HubTech.
Digiwave does not service anything, if you bought a unit from them, and only them, they will "fix" it, no 3rd party sales will be replaced, um mean "serviced".
They could care less if owners were happy or not.

Empiretc-
I hope it doesn't but....
If your unit has Firm 131P loaded, you're screwed, sorry.
When you notice the video "flicker" and reload the factory Firm, you will lose all sound. You'll be stuck using 131P, flicker and all.

Empiretc-
I hope it doesn't but....
If your unit has Firm 131P loaded, you're screwed, sorry.
When you notice the video "flicker" and reload the factory Firm, you will lose all sound. You'll be stuck using 131P, flicker and all.

dang, i never heard anything about video flicker.

I see a few diamond 9000hd's on ebay going for $150. The lack of a guide for OTA, poor product support, and the risk of the reciever having 131p installed makes me hesitant. I agree with others if it had the OTA guide it would make it a great buy for just OTA.

Personally I like my Diamond. From the time I've had to play with it, its seems like a good solid box, locks signals good and does S2. With the 1.04 firmware, my recording is now good. Sure it doesn't have blindscan, but my Ultra does a great job of that, and I have a dedicated computer by my boxes for channel list editing anyhow, so I never use a remote to enter the information. The only issue I have, is it's not accepting all of my usb sticks.

I coulda told ya that, Linuxman. What you have is what you have. Digiwave isn't interested in fixing anything, and the eyepatch gang is even LESS inclined. We tried it on the yahoo group awhile back.

The Diamond is what it is , the cheapest OTA/HD/DVB-S2 solution. Not the BEST, just the CHEAPEST. My PVR doesn't work on mine, so count yourself lucky. Mine stutters like a drunk on a six day bender no matter what the source, with any drive I've tried. :(

But what you have now is all its gonna be, IMO. As always I am welcome to be proved wrong. :)

linuxman said:
with the remote rather than having to do it with the NDFEditor and then uploading it to the receiver?

do you not like the ndfeditor ? or you would just like another option ? i find the ndfeditor basic ( i use it on my coolsats) but works fine.

lak7 said:
do you have one that this has happened to ? is there a clean program ( like the coolsat 8000) to run before reverting back to older filmware ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak7

do you have one that this has happened to ? is there a clean program ( like the coolsat 8000) to run before reverting back to older filmware ?
It happened on all the Hackware. A guy figured out a way to enter DVB-S2 TP info via remote, but you have to have Hackware loaded for it to work, so I tried it, and it worked! Then the flicker. So every time a new Hackware would come out, I would load it to see if anything got better, heck it allowed the Channel List to be downloaded to the USB Stick, heck how bad could it be? Then 131P was released, load it, see nothing changed, reload Factory - no sound! Check the Euro forums, they have the same problem, but they have a "Downgrade" Fix, the Diamond does not.

It happened on all the Hackware. A guy figured out a way to enter DVB-S2 TP info via remote, but you have to have Hackware loaded for it to work, so I tried it, and it worked! Then the flicker.

does the flicker happen on all channels including OTA?

I never checked the OTA.
HD is worse the SD.
I am connecting via HDMI, maybe Component will be better?!
FYI: The Euro "Downgrade" will kill the Diamond, do not attempt.
Did the unit already ship?

yes, yesterday. i plan to connect it using HDMI. it will be used for OTA + g18 so hopefully it will be alright.

i am sure you tried, but i have to ask. when you set it back to factory, there was no audio from any connection?

I bought a Diamond back in April of this year an I am very pleased with it, it does do DVBS-2 great, has a great tunner in it, fine job on the OTA with a guide, an have only had a HD hook to it a few times but it has recorded an played back fine. now mine here has never every been in hackware it had the 1.00 firmware when i got it an up graded to the 1.04 factory firmware, but in all it does work well. my bigest grip has always been entering the S-2 w/compt why can't it be done via the remote? an I have had several phone calls to Digi-Wave over that in the past. but I have learned to live with it, that is why I keep the Diamond in my office an it stays hook up to the compt via the rs232 all the time. now the Channel editor I think works GREAT, I like it, an very easy to up date you list, move transponders in order, or edit them, or rename channels. I just wish that i could use that editor on the Pansat 9000.

An Linuxman I just sent Digi-wave a E-mail regaurding the DVBS-2 via the remote control, a good page worth, an sent it to the ca, not the sales rep.

people on fleabay never cease to amaze me. they have tainted the FTA name.

btw, mine has still not arrived. i was expecting a delay, though, due to Ike.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)