Satellite Programing Service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
I was just wondering if there is any service like SPS for KU band? I was looking at their site (SPS) and all their offerings are only on C band. And if one does exist could a Mercury II handle it?

Thanks Rich

For Ku-band programming, there is Globecast World TV (some stuff FTA, some stuff you can purchase a subscription that I believe can only be subscribed using Globecast's WTV receiver).

There is also Glorystar on Ku-band - all FTA IIRC.

The Ku-band programming that you were probably thinking about moved to C-band in the last few months so that's why it's not available on Ku-band anymore and a C-band dish is required.

For Ku-band programming, there is Globecast World TV (some stuff FTA, some stuff you can purchase a subscription that I believe can only be subscribed using Globecast's WTV receiver).

There is also Glorystar on Ku-band - all FTA IIRC.

The Ku-band programming that you were probably thinking about moved to C-band in the last few months so that's why it's not available on Ku-band anymore and a C-band dish is required.
Also that (ku-Band) programming required (and still does for C-Band) a 4dtv capable receiver. Such as a DSR 922, DSR 920, DSR 905, or DSR 410 receivers.

Thanks for your replies, I can stop looking. I have a 6' dish I am getting which may not be big enough but I am going to put it up and give it a shot. Thanks again!

Rich

For subs the DSR 410 will work fine with the 6' Skyvision is selling them with 6 footers, not a size I would use but hey if it works go for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts