Did a leprechaun stop my recording?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

endeitz

Original poster
May 7, 2008
I have the VIP722, HD only package with locals. I am in Central Texas.

Several times, the VIP722 has stopped a recording shortly after it began, for no apparent reason.

The example I show below happened at 5:11 a.m. I assure you that no one in my family is up at 5:11 a.m. Still, the history claims that the "Event Stopped by User 1". Can anyone tell me what this is happening?

Attachments

• event_stopped.JPG
    event_stopped.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 193
Could be a couple of things,
what time is your nightly update? This is not supposed to interfere with recordings, but it may from time to time. Try changing the time to when it shouldn't try to occur during recordings.
Does a close neighbor have Dish? His remote could be controlling your receiver. Change the remote address and see if that fixes it.
If not these then I am not sure, someone will chime in to help if that is the case or you could try tech support at Dish once you eliminate that these two things are not causing your problem.

Check for pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers and/or blue diamonds sprinkled on the ground near your receiver.

I agree with garys. I had this same issue and once I changed the remote address it went away. I think one of your neighbors is probably changing it, or stopping the programming.

If I'm feeling bored and mean, I set my UHF PRO remote on every address I'm not using, and tap out the code to reinitialize the DVR hard drive. Just being a good neighbor. :)

Not really but it would be an "interesting" experiment. See whose house the DirecTV van was sitting in front of the next morning.

If I'm feeling bored and mean, I set my UHF PRO remote on every address I'm not using, and tap out the code to reinitialize the DVR hard drive. Just being a good neighbor. :)

Not really but it would be an "interesting" experiment. See whose house the DirecTV van was sitting in front of the next morning.

I disabled shared mode because of you;). So only my IR remote works.

Never tried it with a TV2 remote actually, I wonder if that just might be one of those things that you can ONLY do from TV1. (there are a couple such features)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts