Did BBCA drop a tier?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Been on AT120 for about a month. At first, I assumed it was a free preview for the premier of Dr. Who. on 0/19. But, I'm still getting it. I looked around that time and could not find anything on the uplink reports. Just curious.

It was listed on channel 103, and on the free preview page on the Dish website, last month. The BBC America free preview lasts until November 3, just like the other free previews this month, but for some reason BBC America is no longer listed in either of those places.

It was listed on channel 103, and on the free preview page on the Dish website, last month. The BBC America free preview lasts until November 3, just like the other free previews this month, but for some reason BBC America is no longer listed in either of those places.
Never heard of a six week free preview. which would be the case for BBCA.

Never heard of a six week free preview. which would be the case for BBCA.
Well, that is the way it was listed at the time, and I am still getting BBC America, in both SD and HD, with my Welcome Pack subscription. I highly doubt both of those feeds got added to Welcome Pack.

Now you've done it. :facepalm

You guys just couldn't keep your mouths shut, could you? :stooges

I was hoping they wouldn't notice before all the Doctor Who's finished airing for this season.

Now you've done it. :facepalm

You guys just couldn't keep your mouths shut, could you? :stooges

I was hoping they wouldn't notice before all the Doctor Who's finished airing for this season.
??? Still on here.

If it was just on free preview and still showing up in lower packages, I'd say it's just an oversight. The free preview time lengths are still arbitrary - sure, most are a month, but I doubt there's a hard rule.

Reactions: ChadT41
HMM is notorious on Dish for 4-8 week previews.
Weather Nation was originally listed as a six week free preview, and that one lasted for more than four months. (April 20 - August 27)

That is kind of beside the point for this one, though. Like I said in my earlier post, BBC America was actually listed on channel 103 and on the Dish Perks Free Preview page as 9/17/15 through 11/3/15. I would post a screen shot if I had one, but I didn't know that Dish was going to stop listing the BBC America free preview, so I didn't bother to take a picture of it.

Still on free preview

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445094053.703234.jpg ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445094103.430959.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts