Did Dish get rid of the downgrade fee?

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
I was wondering if dish did away with this because the other day i cancelled movie packages. I looked on the recent activity and it had no mention of a downgrade fee like it had before. Also i noticed there is an automated phone number thing if you downgrade programing. You just punch in numbers and you can downgrade, before i believe you always had to talk to csr to downgrade.

The downgrade fee is still there, but it is frequently and easily waived especially for good customers that pay on time and have been stable (don't change programming constantly)

See ya
Tony

No the definetly didn't. I just called to get my distant fox station taken off and he tried to charge me the five bucks. I said that was a bit unfair since I just upgraded to the DishGold pack and to not charge it. He took it off but said in the future there's a 5 dollar fee.

So I guess if you throw a bit of a fit they will take it off for you.

Been a good customer of theirs with on-time payments for 5+ years. Called last month to cancel the HBO/Showtime packages and the locals. After getting the nxt bill and wading thru all the + and - charges and pro-rated charges, I did not see any downgrade fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts