Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Noticed over the weekend that KQUP (UPN from Spokane...3rd channel in 11799 mux) had "RTN" in the corner

Did they change affiliations?

Havent seen any UPN programming on there recently (although the fact that it doesnt start until 10 Central might be part of it) :D

same here....looked on TitanTV

most of their programming they had before 1/1 is still there

Last edited:
Ice their website has the letters "UPN" all over it multiple times. Further, a google news search on the call letters does not show any news or press releases that they have changed.

FWIW

With it being the new year, affiliations change. Equity’s site says they are a UPN but TitanTV shows no UPN programs and they show RTN in the corner.

We have been watching Rockford, A Team and Magnum daily on WNGS, they are also on KYPX at the same time. Today WNGS has changed their lineup, but still shows the RTN logo. Here's where it gets screwy, during the break KYPX ran a promo for MASH showing the WB 42 logo then showed a full screen card saying they were "KYPX Little Rock/Ft Smith". During the break after A Team it showed another full screen card saying "FOX Arkansas" and showing all of it's affiliates, same card that KPBI shows. Now that Magnum in on they are showing the RTN logo. WB 42 is or was KWBF, Little Rock.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Diamond Jim said:
Today WNGS has changed their lineup, but still shows the RTN logo.
DARN!!!! I had just put in a second DVB card to solve some of my recording conflicts between WNGS, KYPX and one other channel. It was my From me To me gift with my XMAS money and I just got all my timers setup properly.

KQUP did change

Their ID shows RTN at top, the KQUP-Your home of the SuperSonics and then their two channels (KQUP 24 Spokane, KQUP-LP 47 Couere D'Alene...I know thats spelled wrong)

Jim
WB42 is still the WB in Little Rock. KYPX is in the same DMA so they do some cross promoting. Fox Arkansas (KPBI) is also in the same area

I think its more that they are in the same DMA so they can cross promote. Thats what our CBS & NBC do in Duluth
NBC has a working agreement with CBS
NBC owns the UPN (its a digital subchannel)
NBC has an agreement with the low powered UPN in Ashland, WI

so on our NBC we see commercials for CBS, UPN and the LP UPN
CBS seems to show lots of commercials for WB (Which is cable only) along with stuff for NBC

You wont see any commercials for network shows on the other (you wont see a commercial for Earl on CBS)...but syndicated stuff, local programs will be

on WNGS what is the lineup now?

Titan TV shows starting at 1:00 Central and in 1/2 hour segments
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Brady Bunch
Family Ties
Beverly Hillbillies
Gomer Pyle
My 3 sons
Hogans Heroes

and at 5 (each for 1 hour)
KOjak
ATeam
Quincy
Hawaii 5-0
Magnum
Rockford Files

KYPX seems to have them flipped (the hour shows start at 1)

Iceberg said:
on WNGS what is the lineup now?
Titan TV shows starting at 1:00 Central and in 1/2 hour segments
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Brady Bunch
Family Ties
Beverly Hillbillies
Gomer Pyle
My 3 sons
Hogans Heroes
and at 5 (each for 1 hour)

Kojak
ATeam
Quincy
Hawaii 5-0
Magnum
Rockford Files

KYPX seems to have them flipped (the hour shows start at 1)

Okay, here's what I have deduced. WNGS has flip flopped their schedule. Kojac is in the same time slot it has always been in, all of the shows that are on before Kojack used to be on after Kojac (prime time), all of the shows that are on after Kojac used to be on before Kojac (early/late afternoon).

WNGS and KYPX were on the same schedule. KYPX remains on the original schedule, meaning if you watch Rockford, A Team and Magnum at 3, 4 and 5pm EST on KYPX you will see the same episodes at 7, 8 and 9pm EST on WNGS.

I do have to question Titan TV, last night and this afternoon on both stations Rockford Files were on before the A Team and Magnum.:D

Last edited:
Titan TV got KQUP right :)

little hard to keep up when they keep changing stuff around....I feel bad for the people who have these on cable. In Mpls we have WUMN Univision, but they follow the same as the national feed...just have local inserts

a little more info

Someone at dbsforums e-mailed the GM asking. Here is his response

Hi. We appreciate your viewing interest. As of January 1 we are no
longer caring UPN programming. We have joined the RTN (Retro Television
Network) and many other great programs like Fear Factor and Sonics
Basketball.

UPN has not told us if and where their programs will be running in the
market.

Thanks
Rod Hall
General Manager
KQUP

Dave C said:
What's a DMA ? ?

as PSB noted, its a designated market area. If you have Dish or Direct, its what set of local channels you can get (most cable companies are the same)

Since Equity owns the WB, FOX & RTN (KYPX) in the same market, they can cross promote channels.

In Minneapolis the Fox & UPN are owned by the same people, so we see "UPN29" commercials on Fox9 (no network commercials though...I wont see a commercial for "Smackdown" on Fox9)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts