Did I damage my 8VSB?

U

Unregistered

Original poster
The Summer Games inspired me to finally upgrade to HD. I just replaced my old Dish Network 4000 with a Dish 811 unit, and Dish 500 hardware upgrade using the existing RG6 feed from the dish. All signals are good - '110 signals are at 100, and my local Phoenix HD NBC station is at 85%.

I flipped back and forth between NBC OTA and the Dish Olympic feed on Friday and Saturday. Both looked great. Then on Sunday, I read that the RG6 should be rated for 2150 GHz, so I pulled in a new run with the proper RG6. The cable was 50' long and only long enough to reach the faceplate opening in the wall. I used a barrel connector to connect another 6' cable to the SAT IN of the 811. Except I first connected it to the ANT IN for about 5 minutes before realizing that it was connected in the wrong place.

Now everything is working again, but I am worried that I may have damaged the 8VSB or whatever HD tuner is in the 811. I may be imagining, but my local NBC HD seems to show a bit more motion artifact than the same exact programming on the Dish Olympic channel.

And the 2 channel sound for that (Sony I think) commercial with the guy at his window talking to all the people below is not the same - it sounds like a center channel only and you can barley hear the people. On Dish you can hear all the sounds on the 2 tv speakers.

Also, should my feed cable be a home run to the Rx, or is one barrel connection OK for a 60' total distance?

Thanks, LJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)