did i fry my LNB?

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
i disconnected my rg6 cable from my dish,trying to figure out where all my cables were coming from.i forgot to unplug the receiver before i re connected it,now i get no signal. does that mean i fried the lnb?i tried another receiver going to another input on the super dish and still no signal

Odds are in your favor that you didn't fry the LNB, but you may have the wrong cable connected or you could damage the power supply in the receiver by shorting out a cable. One of the most common problems is bending the center conducter of the cable causing a short and not completing the connection to the LNB.

You might want to try a switch check without anything connected to the receiver. Then hook up cables and switch test again.
Dan

You may have bumped the dish out of alignment, one degree of change will result in no signal.

i disconnected my rg6 cable from my dish,trying to figure out where all my cables were coming from.i forgot to unplug the receiver before i re connected it,now i get no signal. does that mean i fried the lnb?i tried another receiver going to another input on the super dish and still no signal

Do you really have a super dish? What switch do you have connected to the dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts