Dish after AT&T phone/DSL cutoff?

GoalieEd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi. I recently canceledy my phone and DSL line from AT&T, who also provided my dish network service. The CDR told me they can't provide the dish service since I cut the other items.

what happens next? Will dish convert my account automatically? How will they bill me? Will I need to sign a new commitment? I assume I'll have to reset the autopay?

Depending on the account, it will automatically convert to standalone service with us. Some bundled accounts do have to be setup as a completely new account though.

If an account is unbundled and put directly under us, a bill will come from DISH directly. A new commitment doesn't need to be signed, but autopay would have to be re-setup. If a new account has to be created, then everything that comes with a new account applies, including the new customer discounts.

Can you send me a PM with the account # so I can check that out further?

A quick search will easily give you some more answers because this has been discussed before, but it does appear it is set up where unbundling is given over to Dish through paperwork by AT&T, assuming you were not a Homezone customer, or otherwise have equipment belonging to AT&T.

I have never seen a bundled account convert to a stand alone account on its own after canceling AT&T.

Usually they cut the service off and you got to call in.

Correct that's what I have heard also_On the other hand I have also heard when you leave a bundled account DISH then considers you a new customer and you can get the new customer perks.

That maybe why now(according to DIRT) if you separate from a bundled account,DISH will just add the account to their subscribers.

The bundled customer should beat DISH to the punch,call in proclaim your a new customer(which basically you are) and get the new customer deals.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts