Did I make the right choice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dta316

Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
New member here so be gentle..
I am a current D* sub. but I have signed up with E* and have a scheduled install this Saturday. I signed up with E* because D* doesn't want to bend on their price for Hdtv. I will only have one reciever and dish installed. I will be getting the 811 and Dish 500 dish. What should I be sure to get with this install? I mean I have read all the good and bad as far as the problems with switches and the 811 itself. Since I am only having one tv hooked up and only one dish is it safe to think that yes there will be problems, but more limited then others have experienced? Thanks for any and all input and/or bashing..... :)

I did the same thing as you about 3 months ago and I most certainly regret it.
The SD is much darker on the 811 than you received from D*. I hate the 811 and will be relegating to my kids rec room TV and using the E* 301 for my main TV SD viewing as soon as VOOM is installed next week. Must say the HD available with the 811 [as little as there is] is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts