Did I miss news of Dish changing extended warranty program?

Let me see----- I signed up for the basic extended warrenty for a year that costs me $1.99 x 13 = $25.87 over 12 months. If during that period I have a receiver failure, I get a $20 service discount from E. Wow---- what a deal !! The value of the contract is $5.87 LESS than the premium!! I would have been beter off without the extended warrenty which, by the way, costs $15 extra if terminated before 12 months.

This doesn't seem possible.... what am I missing?

the $1.99 contract

anyone who is just reading the chart (at least those MISREADING it)

IS MISSING IT'S meaning.

chart is showing LABOR FEE (at your site), THAT is a TECH IN YOUR home!
(yes this a STUPID chart and IS confusing)

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A "IN YOUR HOUSE TECH" then the $29.99 (or $49.99) charge DOES NOT apply.

FROM ACTUAL CONTRACT:
This Contract covers all labor and parts costs necessary to repair your covered product for problems due to functional part failures such as the Receiver, DISH Antenna, Remote and LNBF.

THE LABOR LISTED in the $1.99 contract IS THE "REPAIR AT DISH REPAIR SHOP" ......NOT 'IN YOUR HOME" LABOR.....

SO THIS IS THE SOURCE OF THE CONFUSION,

IF you have a failure of DISH branded equipment (not lightning or user damage) and SEND it in yourself (and don't have a guy come to your house) THEN DISH will repair or replace it with NO charge except for shipping.

IF you get the $4.99 contract THEN it also covers "in your house labor"
and the shipping as well as the parts.

Just to note Dish Network has replaced receivers and has told customers that they will replace receivers for lightening damage under the warranty even though the contract says it does not cover it.

Thanks! - Now i've got it. If you read the text in Extended Warrenty and Conditions paragraphs below the chart (and completely ignore the chart) then it describes what you get for subscribing to the basic warrenty for over 30 days before making a claim - right? Free parts and labor - I only pay shipping. Whew, that didn't come easy!

rad said:
I though that the Dish extended warranty program was $1.99 per month and it covered all repairs. I happened to check the Dish web site http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/warranty/index.shtml and now the program has two different options. The $1.99 just give you $20 off the $49.99 repair fee and the $4.99 per month is free repair, plus you have to pay an activation fee. Was it always like this or did they slip something in on us???

Why do we have to get a warranty for equipment that Dish still owns? I lease
my stuff from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)