Upgrade install question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrrrl

Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction on this upgrade.

I currently have a Dish 500 twin that connects to a 301 and a 2700. No external switches as they are built in to the LNBF assembly. I am having Dish send me a 510 to replace the 2700. With this configuration all should work well.

Now I have a DishPro twin LNBF and would like to install that so that I can hook up 3 receivers. But once I put the DishPro on the dish, I now have to add a DP-34 switch as this new head does not contain any internal switches. Is this correct?

Thanks

mrrrl said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction on this upgrade.

I currently have a Dish 500 twin that connects to a 301 and a 2700. No external switches as they are built in to the LNBF assembly. I am having Dish send me a 510 to replace the 2700. With this configuration all should work well.

Now I have a DishPro twin LNBF and would like to install that so that I can hook up 3 receivers. But once I put the DishPro on the dish, I now have to add a DP-34 switch as this new head does not contain any internal switches. Is this correct?

Thanks

You could also use a DP Quad, which has 4 outputs and no need for the DP34 in your case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)