Upgrade install question

mrrrl

Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction on this upgrade.

I currently have a Dish 500 twin that connects to a 301 and a 2700. No external switches as they are built in to the LNBF assembly. I am having Dish send me a 510 to replace the 2700. With this configuration all should work well.

Now I have a DishPro twin LNBF and would like to install that so that I can hook up 3 receivers. But once I put the DishPro on the dish, I now have to add a DP-34 switch as this new head does not contain any internal switches. Is this correct?

Thanks

mrrrl said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction on this upgrade.

I currently have a Dish 500 twin that connects to a 301 and a 2700. No external switches as they are built in to the LNBF assembly. I am having Dish send me a 510 to replace the 2700. With this configuration all should work well.

Now I have a DishPro twin LNBF and would like to install that so that I can hook up 3 receivers. But once I put the DishPro on the dish, I now have to add a DP-34 switch as this new head does not contain any internal switches. Is this correct?

Thanks

You could also use a DP Quad, which has 4 outputs and no need for the DP34 in your case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)