Did Lynchburg/Roanoke HD Local get turned on

Wow... Mid-March??? Just curious, why do you think Mid-March. I saw where they were uploaded a while ago, and I was hopeful it would be turned on soon...

It BETTER be on by March Madness.....

Nice to see I'm not the only person on Satelliteguys who lives in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area.
I've been waiting for the HD locals to come on too, since here in Blacksburg only CBS and NBC HD reach us Over the Air, and NBC depends on which way your kid holds his tongue while touching the antenna!

I live in Amherst County (used to live in Blacksburg) and I cant get any over the air.... it is frustrating that one of the largest (geographically) DMAs isnt covered by Dish.

I just dont understand what would take them so long to make them available.

I did not have much trouble getting the digital locals ota when I lived in blacksburg. What kind of antenna are you using? inside/outside?

Wow... Mid-March??? Just curious, why do you think Mid-March. I saw where they were uploaded a while ago, and I was hopeful it would be turned on soon...

It BETTER be on by March Madness.....

A little bird in the know told me :)... they are mapped though, so its possible that they come sooner but I wouldn't hope for it too hard

I'm another one who's been waiting not-so-patiently for Lynchburg/Roanoke to light up in HD. We're way up in the mountains and get nothing OTA. I was hoping for February, but as long as we get results March will do (since it has to). What I'm most curious about is will the feeds be mirrored on 61.5 or will we have to get a new dish for 129? And can we even see 129 from here? (I already have two dishes).

I did not have much trouble getting the digital locals ota when I lived in blacksburg. What kind of antenna are you using? inside/outside?

I live just outside of Blacksburg, over by the Hospital. I could get them just fine when I lived on the other side of town, except for ABC. The signal strength here seems to depend a *lot* on exactly where you live and the surrounding terrain.

I'm another one who's been waiting not-so-patiently for Lynchburg/Roanoke to light up in HD. We're way up in the mountains and get nothing OTA. I was hoping for February, but as long as we get results March will do (since it has to). What I'm most curious about is will the feeds be mirrored on 61.5 or will we have to get a new dish for 129? And can we even see 129 from here? (I already have two dishes).

I'm currently picking up 129 just fine, but have no line-of-sight to 61.5 thanks to terrain/neighbors trees, so I'm hoping that if they have to put them on 61.5, they are mirrored and not moved.

The channels will be on 129, which is very usable in the area.

I hope they get put on 61.5 as well, unfortunately for my folks there's no way to get 129 since there is a hill blocking it, we can barely get 119 and 110. I live in Blacksburg and going to Tech, but my folks live way further south of the burg and cannot get anything OTA, we can sometimes, rarely pull NBC from Winston-Salem, NC.

Well the retailer chat sucked. Pretty much confirmed what I had on Roanoke locals. Its nice that they'll come on but I'd like em a bit sooner. Everything comes in here OTA except ABC out of lynchburg and they carry the NBA pretty regular after the All-Star break.

FYI......Dish has turned on the first 6 HD local cities promised on 2/18/09. Cedar Rapids...Champaign....Dayton Fresno.....New Orleans.....Toledo....Roanoke is shown to be available in March. No date, yet. At least, what was listed has been activated.

Dish is no longer showing Roanoke as "Coming soon". Any idea what happened?

I'm in Nelson County and can pick up Richmond locals over the air, and bring the loop antenna through my VIP 722 so I can use DVR. I guess I have a clearer view of Richmond over Cville and Lynchburg, and Roanoke is no closer. But it goes out sometimes, and I have to make sure I don't bump the antenna, which is in the only place that works, so I'd rather have it through satellite.

This is amazing. Goes from March 2009 to 'coming soon' to off the list in a matter of weeks.
I want to know if this is a Dish problem, or if they think the local affiliates are to blame. Dish needs to explain this, if it is the local affiliates fault, I will start calling and complaining to them.

What i dont understand is, why put a DMA on a list if all the arrangements arent in place?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts