Did My Hopper Hiccup? Or am I misunderstanding functionality?

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
2H/1J system and (knock wood) we've been pretty darn happy....

Tonight the 1 Hopper in our family room had all 3 tuners recording...On that tv, we tried to pull-up a dvr recording from that same family room Hopper or from the hopper dvr downstairs...We couldn't get anything - just black.

When I went to the downstairs Hopper, we could get dvr recordings off of it, and off the upstairs hopper that was recording on all 3 tuners.

In theory, weren't we supposed to be able to pull up a dvr event from either dvr on that upstairs hopper that had all 3 recording going? What am I missing here :confused:

I have two hoppers to do exactly that...Now when all 3 tuners aren't recording upstairs, I can pull a dvr event from either hopper off of it..Again, what am I missing here?

Could you "see" the other Hopper's recordings, or you couldn't play them?

Not sure what you mean? If you are asking on the upstairs hopper, could I see what recordings were stored on the downstairs hoppers dvr? The answer is yes...Now could I play them on the upstairs hopper while all 3 of it's tuners were recording? The answer is no. Can I see them and play them on the upstairs hopper now that it is not recording on 3 tuners? The answer is yes.

While that upstairs hopper had all 3 tuners recording, I could not watch a dvr on it or from the downstairs hopper either...Hence my wondering, if all 3 tuners are recording, can you not watch a dvr? Seems to me you should be able to from either hopper???

midwesttv said:
Not sure what you mean? If you are asking on the upstairs hopper, could I see what recordings were stored on the downstairs hoppers dvr? The answer is yes...Now could I play them on the upstairs hopper while all 3 of it's tuners were recording? The answer is no. Can I see them and play them on the upstairs hopper now that it is not recording on 3 tuners? The answer is yes.

While that upstairs hopper had all 3 tuners recording, I could not watch a dvr on it or from the downstairs hopper either...Hence my wondering, if all 3 tuners are recording, can you not watch a dvr? Seems to me you should be able to from either hopper???

You had a hiccup. You should have been able to watch a DVR event from either Hopper even if all three tuners were in use.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You had a hiccup. You should have been able to watch a DVR event from either Hopper even if all three tuners were in use.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's what I thought...I wanted to do a RBR on it, but I knew if I did at the time of the 3 events recording, I would have messed them up...Hopefully it won't happen again? I've asked the missus to try and move more timers to the downstairs hopper. Especially on nights like tonight when she's recording a lot of tv...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts