Did my HR21 go boom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Looks like I might have a bad HR21. It never gets past Step 1 of 2, and I can hear the hard drive spin up, click a few times, then spin down over and over. Tried leaving it unplugged for a while but it didn't matter. Am I looking at paying for a replacement? Or would an external hard drive still function if the internal is fried?

Looks like I might have a bad HR21. It never gets past Step 1 of 2, and I can hear the hard drive spin up, click a few times, then spin down over and over. Tried leaving it unplugged for a while but it didn't matter. Am I looking at paying for a replacement? Or would an external hard drive still function if the internal is fried?

Do you have the Protection Plan ?

If so, D* should replace it for next to nothing.

Give them a call, they will probably want a tech to come out.

Stick a fork baby, this ones done! You should never hear a HDD clicking = drive that has bad sectors. An external drive will work in place of a failed internal drive if you choose to go that route. D* will replace the receiver wether you have the protection plan or not. The only difference is that without the plan you have to pay shipping charges ($20)

Stick a fork baby, this ones done! You should never hear a HDD clicking = drive that has bad sectors. An external drive will work in place of a failed internal drive if you choose to go that route. D* will replace the receiver wether you have the protection plan or not. The only difference is that without the plan you have to pay shipping charges ($20)

I would not suggest sticking a fork in it while it's plugged in :eek::D

Yes, D* will replace the recvr, I was kinda vague about that, sorry.
You CAN go the EHD route, but why would you want to when D* will give you a new one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)