Did the 3ABN stations (K25NK) from Rochester, MN shut down recently?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, just to be clear, I am not a Seventh-Day Adventist. I don't agree with a lot of their theology, but sometimes I might land on their station and see some preaching I happen to agree with and watch for like fifteen minutes. Anyways, considering that, I've noticed that the local 3ABN stations here haven't played OTA in my area for like three weeks. I tried calling 3ABN a couple times and can't get a straight answer (plus one guy annoyingly tried to convert me), and rabbitears.info doesn't list the stations as defunct. So out of curiosity, did the stations in my area shut down, having extended technical difficulties, or is it something else? Anyone have any idea? I do happen to enjoy it on occasion (like I do my 3D on my TV).

Is this one going to end up doing the same as K33LD in Minneapolis and switching to Bounce, Escape, Laff, Cozi, CBN News, 3ABN, and Grit?

I believe (but I might be wrong) that K33LD only switched temporarily until KMBD switches frequencies after being off-air until that happens. (Both stations are owned by the same people.) I don’t know where any 3ABN stations in Rochester, MN could temporarily move to, given that no other channels in the area also own K25NK.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

FCC filings show there was a construction permit granted on October 4th for the station to make some adjustments to its antenna and signal pattern to protect WQOW in Eau Claire, which had to move to channel 25 in the repack. I assume K25NK will be off air until those adjustments can be made.

FCC filings show there was a construction permit granted on October 4th for the station to make some adjustments to its antenna and signal pattern to protect WQOW in Eau Claire, which had to move to channel 25 in the repack. I assume K25NK will be off air until those adjustments can be made.
Thanks for the input. Very helpful.

Reactions: kofi123
As far I know K38IM-TV if I got the call letter right. This station used to be analog on rf ch. 38 used to be 3ABN. As for I know they went off the air for sometime. No way knowing if got sold off or not here in Albuquerque's TV market.:)

As far I know K38IM-TV if I got the call letter right. This station used to be analog on rf ch. 38 used to be 3ABN. As for I know they went off the air for sometime. No way knowing if got sold off or not here in Albuquerque's TV market.:)
K38IM did get sold, in August 2017. A company called The Edge Spectrum bought a boatload of 3ABN stations nationwide, including K38IM. Unfortunately, that company doesn't seem to know what they want to do with their stations, and some of them, including stations in Flagstaff and Yuma, AZ, have been silent for some time. They've been kicking around the idea of doing NextGen (ATSC 3.0) TV on their stations, but we won't see nationwide rollout of NextGen until 2020. One thing is for sure, however: they will need to be off channel 38 by July 2021 at the latest, as the 600 MHz band will no longer be available for television use after then.

K25NK was not included in that sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts