Did the basic package (Bronze) or American 120 price go up AGAIN?

happy hopping

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
North America
it used to be $39.99, did the price jump to 46.99?

and what can we do to cut back further? Can I cancel 1/2 a month? If I cancel 1/2 a month every so often, how much do I save?

First of all, it's $44.99, and has been since Feb, 2011. No, on the 1/2 month cancellation. Local channels (formerly a $5.00 option) are now included in all packages...I mention because it might be why you are misunderstanding current pricing.

it used to be $39.99, did the price jump to 46.99?

and what can we do to cut back further? Can I cancel 1/2 a month? If I cancel 1/2 a month every so often, how much do I save?

Not in a while since locals were added to it making it $44.95 per month (it may be taxes that could make it higher). You may want to check America's Package, it's $34.99, but it has only has around 60 channels, or the Smart Pack at $24.99 with around 55 channels. If you keep a package for over 30 days, Dish no longer charges the $5 should you want to keep raising and lowering your subscription.

Did you change anything with your programming recently? You may have been grandfathered in with the $39.99 price but it will change once you make any changes to your account.

Then I think I must be w/ the American Package plus local then. I try to see the break down on my billing tab when I log in, and I can't find the break down. Regardless, let me look in that Smart PAck, as I can't stand these rate keep going up. Thank you people

EDIT:

I just look at the smart pack, when dish said "Local channels available in your area included at no extra charge", do they mean local channel in SD or HD?

Also, say I want to add a 1 or 2 channels, for eg. say I want to add VH1 to this smart pack, can that be done? If so, how much per month?

Last edited:
It means they upped the package price by $5 to include locals since locals have been added to all basic packages and they would be sd and HD depending on what ones are available for you. There are some ala carte channels, vh1 is not one.

I just look at the smart pack, when dish said "Local channels available in your area included at no extra charge", do they mean local channel in SD or HD?
both if available. All markets are in SD for sure...

Also, say I want to add a 1 or 2 channels, for eg. say I want to add VH1 to this smart pack, can that be done? If so, how much per month?
nope cant be done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)