Did the new channels launch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Launch" seems a bit too strong a term for today's proceedings.

Perhaps, "dribble" would better describe it.

:p

Jeff

Fox News HD.......a waste of space and bandwidth.
They should get rid of the SD version. :D

I would give a fish a frickkin rain coat before I would give Fox News any HD space. :D

I guess you are one of those persons who doesn't like to here the truth.
FOX NEWS HD. Turn it on D*!

I guess you are one of those persons who doesn't like to here the truth.
FOX NEWS HD. Turn it on D*!

Yeah, because O'Reilly is truely a "no spin zone". :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't think any of the news channels need to be HD. They are all terrible, nobody can report the news without a bias. They all should be the last to move to HD as far as I'm concerned.

Fox News HD.......a waste of space and bandwidth.
They should get rid of the SD version. :D

I would give a fish a frickkin rain coat before I would give Fox News any HD space. :D
No matter if you like it or not, it is the most popular news station and therefor it has a huge demand. From a business perspective it only makes sense to provide subs with the most popular channels in any category.

Best looking Babes on FOX NEwS

I want to see my FOX news anchors in HD and I'm taking about the woman.

It is speculated in many places that the new HD PPV channels are simply place holders until the other new channels roll out, possible later this month. Maybe next month. If you have the space, why not use it on something thats going to bring you a profit, rather than just letting it sit there unused? Seems like a smart move to me

That sounds good, but you would have to do a reality check on that scenario. Since D11 was just turned on, are they already cramped for space on the HD channels? What about the channels that are now MPEG4?

As a person why watched ST last year, I can assure you that I did NOT mind once when a PPV or shopping channel was turned off long enough to broadcast the games. Same thing for the NCAA or ESPN extended coverage of Basketball and Football. :D

WGN

I emailed D* and received a response yesterday. There are no plans to add WGN - HD at this time.:(

Both Dish and DTV use PPV as placeholders to get the slot open and as an easy way to cut to a real channel when they are ready.

All providers make claim they have the most HD at any given time regardless of how bogus the claim seems to those of us who are paying attention. The provider who makes that claim and can demonstrate they are still adding more is the one that wins the marketing war.

What do I do if I do not have 541?
Order it???

erst060.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)