Did the SEC really lose 52-10???

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
To the Big 12?

I, for one, am shocked. I've been watching the games, reading the press clippings, and listening to forum posters, so I thought this kind of abject blowout was not possible.

I suppose it's just a rumor that it was so one-sided, Mack Brown got his stepson in for a few snaps after his surprising fumble recovery in last year's Holiday Bowl.

Any word on if S-E-C was chanted afterward? :rolleyes:

Sandra

To the Big 12?

I, for one, am shocked. I've been watching the games, reading the press clippings, and listening to forum posters, so I thought this kind of abject blowout was not possible.

I suppose it's just a rumor that it was so one-sided, Mack Brown got his stepson in for a few snaps after his surprising fumble recovery in last year's Holiday Bowl.

Any word on if S-E-C was chanted afterward? :rolleyes:

Sandra

More like S-U-C-K-S. Have you seen Arkansas play this year? They look more like the Big 12 Arkansas of old.

Besides, they're just the red-headed step child of the SEC anyway. ;) (And I know they beat LSU last year, so save your fingers Sabres).

More like S-U-C-K-S. Have you seen Arkansas play this year? They look more like the Big 12 Arkansas of old.

Besides, they're just the red-headed step child of the SEC anyway. ;) (And I know they beat LSU last year, so save your fingers Sabres).
Even a bad Arkansas team can jump up and beat Texas sometimes. It's an old SW Conference rivalry game, not Big-12. But I'd rather have Arkansas in the Big-12 than Baylor.

well i guess you noticed that Arkansas is having a down year.

i can make up a bunch of excuses , but it wouldn't help. i can tell you this
the coach they let go is doing very well at Ole Miss with players that were already there, they will probably make hime governor before the season is over :) but its a lot better place for him cause he didn't have what it takes to win a NC yes he will win at Ole Miss but he's already shown his colors in a couple of game which they should have won and they went back to the old HDN gameplan sit on the ball.

now for Arkansas HDN left it bare and its a total rebuilding year. I never thought i'ld see Arkansas lose by so much to Alabama or Texas but i can tell you this they are both good teams. I expect both teams to challange for their conf titles. Texas will probably play OK the best game it has played in the last few years.

i don't care for the way conferences are set up.... to have 12 in one conference is probably too many. I'ld like to see it set up so each team would play ALL the conference members leaving no doubt who is the best in that conference.

but thats just me thinking :)

Eh, not that impressive. Texas only beat them by 7 more points than Alabama. Now, if this were the 70-17 drubbing that USC put on them in 2005, that would be impressive.

McCoy, I know LSU hasn't looked super dominant (they rose up despite looking less-than-awesome against Mississippi), but the Arkie game the day after Thanksgiving- can I declare this game a slaughter?

I think we could see 50- they are THAT BAD.

After what happened last year, I know they'll be out for revenge.

McCoy, I know LSU hasn't looked super dominant (they rose up despite looking less-than-awesome against Mississippi), but the Arkie game the day after Thanksgiving- can I declare this game a slaughter?

I think we could see 50- they are THAT BAD.

After what happened last year, I know they'll be out for revenge.

Sabres, for some reason this game has always been a crapshoot for LSU. I've seen years when LSU was terrible and a strong Arkansas would come into that game favored and lose miserably. I've seen years where Arkansas literally stunk it up against other teams in the SEC that LSU had beaten, then rise up and knock the Tigers on their butts. This game coming at the end of the season makes it a toss up. It always seems to be a game where one team thinks they have things sewed up and the other uses it to redeem their season. Playing it the day after Thanksgiving might have something to do with it as well (Southerners go overboard with the eating :)).

And who knows about LSU this year? Personally, I think they are the top 10 pretenders. If one of their QBs can step up fast and prove me wrong, I will be one happy Tiger fan. Right now, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. ;)

And who knows about LSU this year? Personally, I think they are the top 10 pretenders. If one of their QBs can step up fast and prove me wrong, I will be one happy Tiger fan. Right now, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. ;)

I thought so, too. It depends on how LSU does against FL and AL that will determine how I really feel about them.

So far the only SEC team that has really impressed me is AL. I'm disgusted to say this (even though I live in Austin) but the Big 12 might actually be the best conference in the nation. (However, the thought of AL, LSU, GA, FL or even Vanderbilt embarassing OK in yet another title game does make me smile a bit.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts