Ohio State is the most overrated team!

deez04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
High Point, NC
Every year it seems Ohio State finds there way into the top 5 and does not prove anything when it comes to football. Please do not hand me the excuse that "Beanie" Wells did not play because it did not matter. The Big Ten is average compared to other conferences, probably the 4th good football conference behind Sec, Big 12, Pac 10 or Acc. .....Anyway, I really think this loss to USC puts them out of the title game this year. Thank goodness!

Uh, Jimbo...why don't you properly welcome this user to "The Sports Section"?

And for the record, he's not an LSU/SEC fan (I think).
laughing.gif

Dont know about overrated...they will run the table in the big ten then get ready for the end of the season showdown. They will be fine, I would not have a big problem having them in a title game, except the non confrence schedule needs to be beefed up.

With one loss though and the down big ten and week non confrence other then USC, I dont see a tittle game, but a BCS game is still in there future, especially if beanie comes back

Every year it seems Ohio State finds there way into the top 5 and does not prove anything when it comes to football. Please do not hand me the excuse that "Beanie" Wells did not play because it did not matter. The Big Ten is average compared to other conferences, probably the 4th good football conference behind Sec, Big 12, Pac 10 or Acc. .....Anyway, I really think this loss to USC puts them out of the title game this year. Thank goodness!

Uh, Jimbo...why don't you properly welcome this user to "The Sports Section"?

And for the record, he's not an LSU/SEC fan (I think).
laughing.gif

IF you REALLY want to know what I thought of this game, see a previous post.

The game was given to USC in the first half when every time the Bucks made a BIG play, then PAC 10 officials took it away.

Bucks had a TD taken away on a questionable call.
Then the next time down the field they got inside the USC10 and the officials call another phantom holding call. (ya know the kind you can call on the lines on ANY play) I really wonder how much the Ucs, I mean the Pac 10 officials get paid from the University of Spoiled Children.

btw, how many holding calls were there on the USC line ???? Oh thats right none, they are perfect, lets not forget that.
USC had holes so big in the line that you could drive a TRUCK thru, tell me they did no holding.

fwiw, it could have easily been 21-17 at the half and a whole different game in the second half.

Oh ya, Welcome to the site.

Jimbo

The game was given to USC in the first half when every time the Bucks made a BIG play, then PAC 10 officials took it away. Jimbo
I think they use the visiting team's officials so blame the BIG TEN crew for any questionable calls.

I think they use the visiting team's officials so blame the BIG TEN crew for any questionable calls.

NOPE, they were DEFINATLY Pac 10 officials they mentioned it in the beginning of the game.
They NEVER use the opposition officials in this type of situation.
We all know the Pac 10 officials have been under the gun this year, yesterday was no different.
I also failed to mention the USC interception return that was NOT a TD, as he clearly stepped out at the 5, the video clearly showed it, To bad the officials don't have HD quality video to look at. (btw, that TD was in the first half too ). Bucks intercepted a pass in the endzone at the end of the 1st half, so you cannot say that they definatly would have scored anyways either.

Jimbo

Not true. The PAC 10 has a rule that their officials work all non-conference games in PAC 10 stadiums.
Nice to know. I know the ACC uses their officials for non conference road games and the visiting team brings the zebras for games ACC teams host.

The game was given to USC in the first half when every time the Bucks made a BIG play, then PAC 10 officials took it away.

Then the next time down the field they got inside the USC10 and the officials call another phantom holding call. (ya know the kind you can call on the lines on ANY play) I really wonder how much the Ucs, I mean the Pac 10 officials get paid from the University of Spoiled Children.

btw, how many holding calls were there on the USC line ???? Oh thats right none, they are perfect, lets not forget that.
USC had holes so big in the line that you could drive a TRUCK thru, tell me they did no holding.

fwiw, it could have easily been 21-17 at the half and a whole different game in the second half.

Jimbo

They were both clear tackles, c'mon take off you red and silver glasses.

Coming from a TRUE SEC FAN

Wasn't trying to be a prick, I mean I watch the games with my orange and blue glasses most of the time.;)

OSU homer, Herbstreit, even agreed they were holds.

Hey BTW, don't you agree your problem was quarterbacking? Do you think Pryor should start? The Maleluga interception was the backbreaker.

Wasn't trying to be a prick, I mean I watch the games with my orange and blue glasses most of the time.;)

OSU homer, Herbstreit, even agreed they were holds.

Hey BTW, don't you agree your problem was quarterbacking? Do you think Pryor should start? The Maleluga interception was the backbreaker.

Herbstreit is the farthest thing from a homer there is, He is afraid to say anything positive about the Buckeye for fear that others will say he';s not objective. It's rediculous. He would rather get along with everyone.

Yes, the QB ing was very bad, Boeckman is terrible when there is pressure anywhere near.

Pryor will be the starter before the Michigan game.

Maleluga 's interception was a classic poor throw and he was clearly out of bounds at the 5 but they gave it to them anyways.

The backbreaker was that one and the TD taken away from the Bucks on the holding call, one that could have just as easily been NOT called.

Jimbo

Being from the gambling capital of the western hemisphere I watch games from a different point of view. There were some good defensive plays on both sides saturday but the PAC-10 continues it's nefarious officiating.

There's no question it was a very poorly officiaated game. I called my brother in AZ and he said that teams will soon stop scheduling PAC-10 games at PAC-10 stadiums due to controversial/blatant calls by PAC-10 officials.

FWIW the officiating was total crap in the 1st half. ABC started to replay the phantom roughing the passer call but crapburger changed the topic! OSU's offense gave up at halftime since they were blatantly screwed each time they penetrated USC territory. It was a discrace.
The only holding call on USC was on the interception at the end of the first half, and that was a late flag, as were many others that were calls on the Big-10 team.

After OSU was bent over without the common courtesy of a reach around, Wisconsin was a beneficiary of a few dubious calls playing at Fresno State. I didn't check if it was WAC or Big-10 or neutral officials but Fresno should have won that game.

I don't watch every game on saturday, and maybe one game on a Sunday but when you're from the state that didn't even have a line on the Wolfpack or UNLV until a few years ago you watch games without colored glasses.

At least my team scored 17 points against Mizzou on saturday, even though we had NO defense saturday.

Jimbo

Actually Jimbo, I was thinking it could very well have been USC 14, OSU 13 at halftime, instead of 21, 3. Here's how.........

OSU got a TD taken away from them on a questionable call. They also missed a very makeable field goal. That's 10 additional points we should've easily had.

Then, late in the 2nd quarter when OSU was pressing, Boechman threw an interception that led to 7 points. Take that away and we're only down by 1 at halftime.

With that said, we made too many mistakes to win. No excuses here. The team with the most mistakes and penalties usually loses. Not to mention the pitiful protection that the O-Line gave our QB's in the second half. Pathetic to say the least.

Actually Jimbo, I was thinking it could very well have been USC 14, OSU 13 at halftime, instead of 21, 3. Here's how.........

OSU got a TD taken away from them on a questionable call. They also missed a very makeable field goal. That's 10 additional points we shouldv'e easily had.

Then, late in the 2nd quarter when OSU was pressing, Boechman threw an interception that led to 7 points. Take that away and we're only down by 1 at halftime.

With that said, we made too many mistakes to win. No excuses here. The team with the most mistakes and pentalties usually loses. Not to mention the pitiful protection that the O-Line gave our QB's in the second half. Pathetic to say the least.

OK....I will give you the questionable calls....but the interception??!! Sorry...it called pressure from the defense and that is part of the game....so that interception is none issue. Who is to say that his Royal hiness, Pryor, would not have throw that inception himself??!!

I hate USC almost as much as Ohio State, but fact is, they were outplayed.

Hey Jr., you're jealousy of a top notch program is clearly evident. I know your type and frankly, your take is old: you know, the ones who hate on the successful teams and are quick to jump on said team when they lose. So next time before you start a thread with such a bold title, please do some research!

OSU is not as overrated as you would like them to be. They've earned the right to play in big games. A few examples of recent history.......

(14-0, 8-0 Big Ten) *Big Ten Co-Champions
Key wins:
OSU 45, Texas Tech 21
OSU 25, (#10)Washington St. 7
OSU 19, Wisconsin 14
OSU 13, (#17)Penn St. 7
OSU 23, (#19)Illinois 16
OSU 14, (#12)Michigan 9
Bowl Game: (BCS National Championship)
W: OSU 31, (#1)Miami 24
*Ohio State faced the number one ranked and heavily favored (11.5 points) Miami Hurricanes in the Fiesta Bowl on January 3, 2003. The Hurricanes were attempting to win their second consecutive championship, winning the Rose Bowl in the previous season and winning 34 straight games in dominating fashion.

(11-2, 6-2 Big Ten)
Key Wins:
OSU 28, (#17)Washington 9
OSU 44, (#24)NC State 38
OSU 19, (#9)Iowa 10
OSU 33, (#14)Michigan St. 23
OSU 16, (#10)Purdue 13
Bowl Game: (Fiesta Bowl)
W: OSU 35, (#10) Kansas St. 28

(8-4, 4-4 Big Ten)
Key Wins:
OSU 37, (#7)Michigan 21
Bowl Game: (Alamo Bowl)
W: OSU 33, Oklahoma St. 7

(10-2, 7-1 Big Ten) *Big Ten Co-Champions
Key Wins:
OSU 31, (#21) Iowa 6
OSU 35, (#17) Michigan State 24
OSU 45, (#22) Minnesota 31
OSU 25, (#17) Michigan 21
Bowl Game: (Fiesta Bowl)
W: OSU 34, (#6) Notre Dame 20

2006 (12-1, 8-0 Big Ten) *Big Ten out-right Champions
Key Wins:
OSU 24, (#2) Texas 7
OSU 38, (#13) Iowa 17
OSU 42, (#2) Michigan 39
L: OSU 14, (#2) Florida 41
*If OSU beat Florida, this would've been the first time that a team would've beaten three #2 ranked teams in one season!

2007 (11-2, 7-1 Big Ten) *Big Ten out-right Champions
Key Wins:
OSU 23, (#20) Purdue 7
OSU 37, (#25) Penn St. 17
OSU 38, (#19) Wisconsin 17
OSU 14, (#23) Michigan 3
L: OSU 24, (#1)LSU 38

So you see, despite outsiders as you seeing only the last few recent games on national TV (last 2 National Championship losses and the latest loss to#1 USC), you fail to realize that OSU has actually won many big games previous and leading up to these games. Plus, if OSU wins the Big Ten this year, it will be the first time EVER in conference history that the same team has won the Big Ten out-right title 3 consecutive years. I'd say their resume speaks for themselves. Quit hating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts