Did you ever wonder why 60 minutes keeps Andy Rooney around ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorktown

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
General Location
He's just an old crabass.

I don't get what's so appealing about that.

A few weeks ago I caught a few minutes with Andy Rooney on 60 minutes and he was saying - I don't want 9 different salespeople coming up to me in a department store asking me - Can I help you ?

What's so entertaining about hearing some old guy bitch about things that go on in everyday life ?

He's going to be 91 this year.

Ever wonder why he doesn't retire ?

Because that's his schtick... As long as he is willing, and able, I'm there....

I've been watching 60 Minutes since 1968 when it had its premiere when I was 24 years old. Andy started doing his thing in 1979, I was 35, and I have been laughing at His Curmudgeon ever since. BTW, I often agree with a lot of his banter! :)

Because that's his schtick... As long as he is willing, and able, I'm there....

I've been watching 60 Minutes since 1968 when it had its premiere when I was 24 years old. Andy started doing his thing in 1979, I was 35, and I have been laughing at His Curmudgeon ever since. BTW, I often agree with a lot of his banter! :)

Same here!!:)

I agree, but I still miss Jack and Shena more (Point/Counterpoint, which he replaced). That was classic.

Beats the heck out of listening to Mike Wallace.

If anything, I find the crabass pretty humorous.

It's the presentation that makes it work. He used to have a column in the paper. Reading it was neither interesting or humorous, but listening to him on the TV I find both interesting and humorous. Paul Harvey was the same way, his voice, timing and inflections was what made it work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)