Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
I have been a customer for 12 years and I have the 250 package.
It took me a few attempts as well (AT250 and an 11-year sub). The trigger for me was that I said a friend of mine got the same emaill and was offered a free Roku. I didn't ask for any other credits.

I called DISH and they only offered $5 off per month and he was trying to convince me that I can use Amazon app on my game console and watch amc programs. He sounded almost rude!

Did you say that you don't have any streaming hardware and you can't have your whole family sit around the computer?

Wow... I had to really fight to get the free Roku deal. At first, I was in the online chat queue for over an hour, just to be offered, at first, $5 credit for 3 months... and when I balked at that, I was offered a month of two premium channels. And that's all I was offered. I tried being persistent, even mentioning the Roku offer being given to other customers, and nothing. So next I tried calling in, and had better success, even though I was on the phone for well over a half hour, most of the time on hold as they threw two offers at me. Basically, they offered me the same as chat. But this time I was a little more stern, and I mentioned that I knew about this free Roku offer, and I am a long time loyal customer of Dish, paying a lot every month, so why don't I qualify? The whole call lasted about 45 minutes, and I was finally told I would get the free Roku (I didn't bother asking for any more credits).

So persistence pays off! But be warned, it's not easy...

You know, I would normally feel bad about pushing as much as I did, but for Dish to offer such a basic minimum to me, a long time customer, while offering so much more to other customers, was really an insult.

You almost have to go through the loyalty dept to get one. I was offered one and a $35 credit to my account. Ive been a customer for 5 years, have at250 and im currently receiving $10 off 12 because i re-upped for another 2 years in apr (upgraded my reciever)

I got one through the chat. I threatened to leave Dish (I don't have a contract) unless they could offer me some incentive to stay. He asked if free HBO/Showtime for 3 months would do it. I said no but a free Roku and $10/mo off my bill would do it. He said he could give me one or the other at this time so I took the Roku. The whole conversation only took 10 minutes but the wait on the chat was over an hour.

I called the 888 number. Took 3 levels (CSR, CSR supervisor, loyalty) and about 20 minutes on the phone, but I got a Roku and I was offered 1/2 price HBO for 6 months. Since I already sub to HBO so that's almost a $50 savings right there.

What's the catch? What does DISH want in return for the free Roku?

I have not been offered a free Roku and I doubt I will be offered one.

What's the catch? What does DISH want in return for the free Roku?

I have not been offered a free Roku and I doubt I will be offered one.

Can't hurt to try, unless you have to bang your head against the wall to get them to budge.

Well the poll will let anyone who is interested know how many rokus were given out,at least to satguys members.It does also serve as a public announcement in a way.There are probably many that don't have a clue about the offer.I just hope dish doesn't blacklist me for starting this thread!:eek:

I got one after a long time on chat with loyalty. I did not get the account credits though. Have been with Dish for 4 years and am under contract with the 200 pack.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Well the poll will let anyone who is interested know how many rokus were given out,at least to satguys members.It does also serve as a public announcement in a way.There are probably many that don't have a clue about the offer.I just hope dish doesn't blacklist me for starting this thread!:eek:

Word of this hit sites like FW, and it is a firestorm! Expect the hold times to be long for a while! Anybody and everyone is jumping all over this free roku and possible credits- whether or not they care about AMC programming. Free product to flip for some extra $$$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)