Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
Note this Historic day that I am agreeing with you!!

Petty is putting it kindly. F'n greedy and impatient FOR FREE stuff is more appropriate.

Can't agree enough with you. All this whining about not getting something fast enough that is FREE to begin with. That's the one thing I don't like about this site is all the cry babies that clog up all the good posters. Most of these people probably shouldn't even get this FREE item anyway because they probably DON'T qualify for it, but Dish is giving it to them FREE anyway. What part about FREE don't they understand?

Maybe it's time to close this thread. It seems too many posters want to pass judgement on others rather than
keep this thread informative. SatelliteGuys has always been noted for being informative and friendly. It's what keep this forum set above the other forums. It sad to see so many make accusations that are false against other posters.
Ghpr13:(
Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Ghpr13, give it a rest..... This thread is just fine.

I'd hardly call it fine,it has become like many other threads here.Bitching,moaning,judging,pointing fingers etc etc.I'd still like to see it remain open but,I can only hope it becomes more friendly,helpful,and civil.;)

Teehar said:
I'd hardly call it fine,it has become like many other threads here.Bitching,moaning,judging,pointing fingers etc etc.I'd still like to see it remain open but,I can only hope it becomes more friendly,helpful,and civil.;)

I agree completely. For a minute there I thought I was on some other site, took an ugly turn all of a sudden.

Anyway, does anyone know if D*is doing anything for their subs who lost a large chunk of programing like Dish has? Just curious.

Also curious to know how many people who received the roku have used it more than their Dish. I know I have.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Recently I had been using the Rokus more often but I'm slowly back to watching stuff on the Hoppers :D .

3HaloODST said:
Recently I had been using the Rokus more often but I'm slowly back to watching stuff on the Hoppers :D .

Yeah, for me, my roku came ay just the right time. Recently got new box so dvr was pretty empty and this time of year there is not a whole lot on. So I have found it pretty handy.

They started by offering me $5.00 off for 3 months, then they upped it to 6 months. I told them that was insulting and they had to find a way for me to get the channels I am paying for.

She then coughed up the ROKU but NO other discounts were offered or honored after that. She said that was it! I accepted and will stay with Dish as that is the best offer I have ever received from any pay TV provider I have ever been with!!

I agree completely. For a minute there I thought I was on some other site, took an ugly turn all of a sudden.

Anyway, does anyone know if D*is doing anything for their subs who lost a large chunk of programing like Dish has? Just curious.

Also curious to know how many people who received the roku have used it more than their Dish. I know I have.

i've been watching my roku about every other night.

It eventually was, fortunately.
There is still one good one in there that was probably over looked. I found one of the names particularly amusing to read. I am just imagining a hand with fingers that look like....well, anyway, I know that the staff have their hands full, and they do a great job.

I'm using the roku on a daily basis.Well nightly actually.Got a free month of netflix,watching the entire Jericho series again.Hbogo is faster with no buffering,so been using it quite a bit as well.

HBO GO is a gem on Roku. Possibly my all time favorite series, "Deadwood" is there, and I recently completed watching the whole series again. Should have gone at least another season.....If you received a Roku from Dish you really did get a nice gift.

Well, some of it was attended to. Gotta wonder about the fingers comment. But I'm sure the point was made for future posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)