Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
This is what I got today in an email....

Thank you for being one of our most valued customers. To show you how much we appreciate your business, we want to give you 2 free Pay-Per-View movies. Your account has already been loaded with these Pay-Per-View certificates; all you have to do is log in, redeem a certificate and enjoy a movie.

Only show I watch on AMC is The Walking Dead. If it's not back on by the start of the next season, then I'll call Dish and see what they can do.
Or should I just call now for the credits and a Roku box? Don't have a real need for one with an AppleTV , 3 xbox 360s and a PS3.
Put it on Ebay or Craigslist for $20, or sell it to a friend. :)

I don't see how you can watch those gore movies and then sleep............:eek:

I am currently on chat with loyalty (after being transferred from standard). First question was "Do you wireless internet". I assume they were going to offer me a Roku, but since I don't that was never brought up.

I am currently on chat with loyalty (after being transferred from standard). First question was "Do you wireless internet". I assume they were going to offer me a Roku, but since I don't that was never brought up.

Yes looks like you may be on track for the roku

I'm not sure if i'm more impressed by the fact that Dish has a plan in place to allow people to continue watching AMC programming or annoyed by the fact that they clearly knew this was going to happen and had a plan in place to mollify us. Either way, i'm happy to take free stuff and a discount off my bill for the next year, and with the magic phone number listed above (1-888-873-5765) it was literally a 5 minute phone call. With 8 episodes of Breaking Bad, presumably 13 episodes of Mad Men, and hopefully 13 episodes of The Killing coming up over the next year at $3 per episode in HD i'll still come out ahead and have a shinny new Roku box in the balance. I guess it goes to show that Dish isn't doing this to anger their customers - i think they just want to anger AMC!

FWIW, the nice lady i spoke to said that AMC will be coming back, but she'd expect it to be about a year before we see it back on Dish. I'm not sure if she knows something or if she just knows how these things work from past experience. If she's right, this band-aid will work just fine for me and when AMC returns (maybe with IFC in HD too?), i'll still be a happy Dish customer, so win-win for me and Dish and lose for AMC...

-d

I'm not sure if i'm more impressed by the fact that Dish has a plan in place to allow people to continue watching AMC programming or annoyed by the fact that they clearly knew this was going to happen and had a plan in place to mollify us. Either way, i'm happy to take free stuff and a discount off my bill for the next year, and with the magic phone number listed above (1-888-873-5765) it was literally a 5 minute phone call. With 8 episodes of Breaking Bad, presumably 13 episodes of Mad Men, and hopefully 13 episodes of The Killing coming up over the next year at $3 per episode in HD i'll still come out ahead and have a shinny new Roku box in the balance. I guess it goes to show that Dish isn't doing this to anger their customers - i think they just want to anger AMC!

FWIW, the nice lady i spoke to said that AMC will be coming back, but she'd expect it to be about a year before we see it back on Dish. I'm not sure if she knows something or if she just knows how these things work from past experience. If she's right, this band-aid will work just fine for me and when AMC returns (maybe with IFC in HD too?), i'll still be a happy Dish customer, so win-win for me and Dish and lose for AMC...

-d

Good to hear you were taken care of, a lot of us have been wondering if there is something more to this roku offer. Not sure about AMC coming back, never know I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts