Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
I'm almost waiting for a national news story to drop....Dish offers free roku players to customers who lost AMC.I bet there will be a news story of it somewhere.

no need for me to vote (my selection isn't there). I haven't watched AMC in years nor the other channels dropped. I'm not going to call up and take something for something that didn't/doesn't have any effect on me or my tv viewing. Call me a prude, call me whatever you want (and don't worry, I already know which ones are lining up to do it) but I can't ethically call up and ask for credits or a Roku box just because.

miracleman said:
. With 8 episodes of Breaking Bad, presumably 13 episodes of Mad Men, and hopefully 13 episodes of The Killing coming up over the next year at $3 per episode in HD i'll still come out ahead and have a shinny new Roku box in the balance.

-d

So who are you paying per episode (I'm new to this game)? Hulu plus? I thought they charged a monthly fee? Are their any shows that's not available through Hulu plus?

no need for me to vote (my selection isn't there). I haven't watched AMC in years nor the other channels dropped. I'm not going to call up and take something for something that didn't/doesn't have any effect on me or my tv viewing. Call me a prude, call me whatever you want (and don't worry, I already know which ones are lining up to do it) but I can't ethically call up and ask for credits or a Roku box just because.
Were the channels in your package? Do you now not have them in your package? How about just on principle? :)

Were the channels in your package? Do you now not have them in your package? How about just on principle? :)

Yep, Everything pac. If I watched those channels that would be one thing. But I don't, I haven't, and had no plans to watch them. So to take something for something that I didn't have any plans to use doesn't work for me and the way I was brought up to do.

smjbh5 said:
How long before you got the confirmation email from dish? I spoke to them im the morning, its late afternoon and still no email

I don't know if Dish is sending a confirmation e-mail. I've read about Roku installation e-mails, though.

I don't know if Dish is sending a confirmation e-mail. I've read about Roku installation e-mails, though.

The only confirmation i received was that they shipped me a HDMI cable (nice of them to do) which the rep said would be shipped in a different package. If i only get an HDMI cable, i'll be sure to call the magic number again to complain! ;)

-d

That is a great attitude to have.I kind if feel the same way,there are several shows that the wife and I watch on AMC and WE,getting a roku player without any credits seems plenty fair to me.I don't begrudge anyone getting in on the deals but,I would hope that not too many take advantage of the deal just to get something for nothing.

Started a chat asking about AMC and Roku and was transferred to another chat rep who asked me 1 question "do you have internet"....Duh aren't we chatting on the internet? She told me to call loyalty, spoke to a very nice lady who confirmed I needed the HD Roku and then gave me $35 credit to buy episodes of AMC shows....

Thanks to SatelliteGuys I am the recipient of another great promotion from Dish that I would never had known about but for this site.

Just got off the phone with Loyalty, they were doing the offer, no fuss, no muss, no hassle.... except it would not let him process the order! Apparently they are OUT of ROKUs... tagged our account with a note and said to try back tomorrow/thursday...

Poo. Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Mad Men... this is still gonna get expensive.

Just got off the phone with Loyalty, they were doing the offer, no fuss, no muss, no hassle.... except it would not let him process the order! Apparently they are OUT of ROKUs... tagged our account with a note and said to try back tomorrow/thursday...

Poo. Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Mad Men... this is still gonna get expensive.

I know that people come here for sat news, but I am guessing the deal sites got word of this from here. I know the "other forum" (which I am also a member of) found out later.

Oh, no! I hope that you are still able to get one!

Called 888-873-5765 and was able to get a Roku. I have the Welcome Pack and was first told that AMC was removed one month ago so I did not qualified.
But I told them I taped "Breaking Bad" just a couple of days ago so after holding a few minutes they gave it to me.

Last edited:
I started a chat session, got transferred to a loyalty chat session that took an hour and ten minutes to connect. Then got $10/month off for a year credit and when I asked about the Roku, the rep asked me for my shipping address. So, other than the major wait, I got both the credit off and a Roku without much of a hassle. The rep told me I should have it in 3 to 5 days. That was finalized about 7:15 EST.

Last edited:
Called the 888-873-5765 and was able to get a Roku. I have the Welcome Pack and was first told that AMC was removed one month ago so I did not qualified.
But I told them I taped "Breaking Bad" just a couple of days ago so after holding a few minutes they gave it to me.

Very similar to the situation I had. You get any bill credits or just the roku?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)