Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
Got no luck 2 times.
First one was an Indian rep who didnt understand me, and she told me that my package didnt qualify, although I think it does, it had AMC, IFC, I even have a lot of things recorded from those channels, and also We was in the package, but is Dish Latino 2, if that not qualifies for being Latino it is discriminatory, but she just told me that not and I told her yes, and she got angry and hung up on me :rant:

The second one was smarter, but she didnt gave me anything because she looked at my account and saw my queue of BB@Home (dont even know if thats allowed, to check my queue)... and saw that I had a Wii games and told me that cannot offer the Roku because I already had an streaming device, that she will only give me credits through Amazon to watch it. But Wii is not in HD!!! And it only has Netflix!!!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jusr got off of chat. Waited about 15 min. Reduced the bill and got the Roku. Was asked the question about what I missed on AMC then was transferred. Was then asked if I had wife. Then got the discount and the Roku. Also asked if this would affect my upgrade to H/J and was told no. Copied that info to a txt file.

Jusr got off of chat. Waited about 15 min. Reduced the bill and got the Roku. Was asked the question about what I missed on AMC then was transferred. Was then asked if I had wife. Then got the discount and the Roku. Also asked if this would affect my upgrade to H/J and was told no. Copied that info to a txt file.
:eek:

I just used the chat as well. There was a long wait in the queue for the Loyalty Dept but the person I eventually got was outstanding. Once we got through the basic questions she offered me the Roku with no hesitation. I then asked if I still had to purchase the episodes once I got the box, and that was enough for her to offer the $35 one-time credit. It was all too easy.

Then I really pressed my luck and said that I heard others were getting $10 off for 12 months. She came back and said she could add that to my account, no problem! :)

Here's the real kicker: when we were going over everything at the end she made it clear that I would get BOTH the $35 one-time credit AND the $10 off for 12 months credit! I was shocked by that, but I thanked her and ended the chat shortly thereafter.

I was so happy I re-upped for another year of Pub membership here at Satelliteguys. :D Thanks Scott and everyone else here for the helpful information!

Called last night on the number listed on the email mentioned in the AMC thread and got the free roku and a $35.00 credit. Today I checked and did not see an email telling me when it would ship. So I called again to the loyalty department and she confirmed I did have one coming. She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me. I said , yes what other freebies can I get? She said 3 FREE months of Starz and Cinemax ,since I already had half price hbo and showtime. Also said I was getting a $10.00 credit off for most of this year and I wondered if I could still get it again? She said NO that offer was expired and I already had a year of it. But then she said I could get $10.00 off for 6 months and I said great! I also got two free pay per views sent to me when I checked my email tonight. Also the roku is coming over night and will be here tomorrow by 3:00pm. So lets add this up:

$72.00 - 3 months of Starz and Cinemax 2 X 12.00= 24.00 X 3 = $72.00
$35.00 - credit so I can buy a season of an AMC show.
$60.00 - 6 months of $10.00 off .
$79.00 - Roku ( estimating based on what the csr and others have said)
$13.98 - 2 hd pay per views at $6.99 x 2 =13.98.
--------------------------------------------------------
$259.98 in credits and freebies and merchandise.

Not bad for a couple of phone calls and of course I owe it all to the satguys website and it's members who let us know about the great offer. :cool:

THANKS SATGUYS:D

Good god... Ok so I never got any email but what it weird is out of the blue I got an email "for being a valued customer" for 2 free PPVs. Hmmm very interesting. Anyhow, so I went into the chat just a few minutes ago. Asked for the loyalty dept. She asked me the issue so I explained it to her. She went on with a canned response of why they dropped AMC, blah blah blah" I told her I already new all that and I just want the loyalty dept. She went on with another canned response offering me Epix for 3 months. I explained that I get Epix and everything else there is and I want the loyalty Dept. She told me to call Dish CS. I asked why can't you just connect me with the Loyalty Dept. She kept ignoring that until I got a bit angry and used angry CAPS (lol). Then she tells me the Loyalty Dept is closed. I told her she should have told me that in the first place without wasting 20 minutes of my time. I just said I will chat or call tomorrow at an earlier time. She said she'd note everything and apologized and that was that.

I don't know why I never got the email. I actually called before the actual removing of the AMC stuff telling them I will leave them if they get rid of AMC, and being that I get almost everything (the top package, all the BB Online stuff and extra stuff, HD, etc), I pay on time, been with them for years, etc that they would send me that email. Maybe that's why they sent me the two free PPVs. If that's the real reason why it's a total insult.

Jay

I was simply polite. Told the truth. I like Breaking Bad (wife does), don't have an XBox 360 or PS3, no Roku. Never asked for anything other than what I qualify for. Got $3 credits per episode for season pass of Breaking Bad, and the Roku.

They wouldnt give me a Roku, but did offer the Free HD for Life ( without autopay or the 99.00 fee) so that drops my bill by 10.00 a month and also 5.00 off a month for 6 months for the Blockbuster package. I was quite happy with the offer considering I just got a free mover on june 9th, Ive been with Dish for 11 yrs and im not leaving anytime soon!

Albiondon said:
They wouldnt give me a Roku, but did offer the Free HD for Life ( without autopay or the 99.00 fee) so that drops my bill by 10.00 a month and also 5.00 off a month for 6 months for the Blockbuster package. I was quite happy with the offer considering I just got a free mover on june 9th, Ive been with Dish for 11 yrs and im not leaving anytime soon!

I'm still lost over the HD Free for Life. I got it with a 2 year commitment 3 years ago. No auto pay, no one time fee.

Just got off a 1 hour chat. Was initially offered $5 off bill for 6 mos. Asked for Customer Retention. In the end I was persistent and got the ROKU, $10/12 offer plus HBO at 1/2 price for 6 mos.

Without SatGuys and you all, I can now renew my pub membership for 20 years!

Was told to stream The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men & The Killing from Amazon & pay the $124 per year myself. Was offered nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts