Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
Called last night on the number listed on the email mentioned in the AMC thread and got the free roku and a $35.00 credit. Today I checked and did not see an email telling me when it would ship. So I called again to the loyalty department and she confirmed I did have one coming. She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me. I said , yes what other freebies can I get? She said 3 FREE months of Starz and Cinemax ,since I already had half price hbo and showtime. Also said I was getting a $10.00 credit off for most of this year and I wondered if I could still get it again? She said NO that offer was expired and I already had a year of it. But then she said I could get $10.00 off for 6 months and I said great! I also got two free pay per views sent to me when I checked my email tonight. Also the roku is coming over night and will be here tomorrow by 3:00pm. So lets add this up:

$72.00 - 3 months of Starz and Cinemax 2 X 12.00= 24.00 X 3 = $72.00
$35.00 - credit so I can buy a season of an AMC show.
$60.00 - 6 months of $10.00 off .
$79.00 - Roku ( estimating based on what the csr and others have said)
$13.98 - 2 hd pay per views at $6.99 x 2 =13.98.
--------------------------------------------------------
$259.98 in credits and freebies and merchandise.

Not bad for a couple of phone calls and of course I owe it all to the satguys website and it's members who let us know about the great offer. :cool:

THANKS SATGUYS:D

Good to see you were taken care of and I agree thanks to the Satguys community!

So the question is: What does a Roku box offer that the PS3 doesn't? I'll have to look that one up. Not sure the PS3 has Netflix.

And it would be nice, but it's too late for adding, an option that says "Didn't try."

PS3 has Amazon now, and hulu plus and netflix (the best netflix interface i know of, so darn fast) also has Vudu and some sony brand streaming service, maybe a few more too, , PS3 really has almost everything on it, and with the processing power it has, everything flies petty well.

Heck, even if you never play a single video game, $250 for a PS3 is an incredible entertainment system for Blu ray movies, streaming etc.

sorry if i missed it in all these AMC threads, but do we know which ROku it is? i see a $50 roku is available with 720p HD, is this the one we get?

My wife called, and she was offered it the first time, and it was shipped.

Just one question, I got an email saying that I ordered and accesory from Dish, but it says that it was an HDMI cable, for $10, but later the $10 is discounted and so it is free, but it says HDMI cable.
It is the Roku, or I really oreded an HDMI cable by mistake? Anyone got the same email.

PS3 has Amazon now, and hulu plus and netflix (the best netflix interface i know of, so darn fast) also has Vudu and some sony brand streaming service, maybe a few more too, , PS3 really has almost everything on it, and with the processing power it has, everything flies petty well.

Heck, even if you never play a single video game, $250 for a PS3 is an incredible entertainment system for Blu ray movies, streaming etc.

Thank you, yes, I have an early model - with the PS2 hardware emulation. No games. I just use it for BDs and DVDs. And one Amazon streaming.

Just one question, I got an email saying that I ordered and accesory from Dish, but it says that it was an HDMI cable, for $10, but later the $10 is discounted and so it is free, but it says HDMI cable.
It is the Roku, or I really oreded an HDMI cable by mistake? Anyone got the same email.
I haven't received an email yet, either about the Roku or HDMI cable, but the discount promised does show up on my account...

Skee7ix said:

That is separate. They are sending you an hdmi cable also for free. I however do not see one in my shipments even though the guy said was over night shipping one to me. I am waiting to see if I get one.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

empiretc said:
not seeing anything promised yet

Have faith, I am trusting that I will get both packages promised to me. I have nothing showing on my account except my first credit, but I do have tracking info for my roku. It is in town and will be delivered by 3pm. Since I know that,i have faith that everything is as it should be.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

So is everyone receiving the Roku 2 XD? The rep told me I was getting a Roku HD valued at $59.99. I asked about the 2 XD and he said the HD was the only one they were offering.
I'm wondering this as well. The CSR specifically told me the Roku I was being sent was valued at 59.99 but others have said they were told 79.99. I bet they are sending both out and it just depends on what the CSR determines you should receive. I'll know soon, I received an email from FedEx with a tracking number yesterday and it is out for delivery today.

Still no emails or anything showing under My Shipments yet. I called in yesterday morning. Guess I'll be contacting Loyalty again.

I called last night and it was very hassle free. I was upfront and told them that I was not leaving Dish, I just wanted the option to view Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and The Killing and asked for the Roku. I didn't ask for any discounts. I am 13 years with AEP, and Sportspack. They are sending the Roku XP, which I am happy with. I am actually

I know others have commented on this, but based on the number of Roku's they are giving out, I would assume that it will be a long time before AMC comes back to Dish.

Well I used the loyalty number ( 1-888-581-1972 ) to call and check on the status of the free roku.Seems there were some issues because the order was placed on Sunday?Anyway everything is confirmed now.Should be 3-5 business days to arrive.I can tell you the call was much faster and more helpful than doing an online chat.

Also won't mention any usernames but the guy I spoke to is a member here,not a member of dirt.He was very nice and courteous.Thanks!! You know who you are!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts