Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
Ok. I ordered Monday night and was confirmed via CSR chat Tuesday morning. Was told five days on Tuesday. So I'm guessing next Monday. I'm just steering blind as I have no confirmation from Dish on the site or e-mail. I usually get their stuff through UPS.

I got the postcard regarding the "rewarding offers" that Dish said I could get by calling them. I just got off the phone. The first CSR offered $3 off for 6 months and no Roku. I asked to be transferred to loyalty. They offered a Roku and $10 off for 6 months. I asked why others were getting a Roku and $10 off for 12 months? He replied he knew nothing about that and the best he could offer was the 6 month deal. I again asked how others on this forum were being offered the 12 month deal. He refused to extend me that offer. So I accepted it but told him I would be posting what he was willing to offer on the forum.

I really don't need the Roku and I guess $60 is better than nothing.

hmmm. I haven't seen any card in the mail. I sub to AEP + platinum HD + center ice + ESPN gameplan + every UFC event in HD...i'd like to think i'm a valuable customer. My wife has already noticed the missing WE channel and is grumpy about it. Anybody able to post a picture of the card and/or the phone number that is on it?

I wonder if they look at your DVR timers and see if you really are an AMC sub and how much you appear to have watched AMC when making their offer...

hmmm. I haven't seen any card in the mail. I sub to AEP + platinum HD + center ice + ESPN gameplan + every UFC event in HD...i'd like to think i'm a valuable customer. My wife has already noticed the missing WE channel and is grumpy about it. Anybody able to post a picture of the card and/or the phone number that is on it?

You shouldn't need the card. The number is just Dish's toll free number. 1-800-333-3474. Just call in and get to the loyalty department, tell them you miss your programs on AMC and that you heard you could view your programs on a ROKU box.

I just called in.

I got several offers extended to my account

-$15/month discounted for 12 months
-half-price premiums/multisport/BB@Home for 6 months
-ROKU player

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Got my Roku today and dang these things are tiny! Looks like a refurb to me since it was shipped in a plain box and there is a "B Stock" sticker on the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

there are free horror channels!! hehehehehe

For those of you new to ROKU, this is a good channel to start with. NOWHERE TV:

Roku Channels from the Nowhere Man

It is a guy who now works for them based on this. It is a private channel (you need to know the code to find it) that basically brings together just about all the free streaming content from major producers, international news services, sports, and a few pay services, all on one channel. Once it's installed you can get to just about anything that has a podcast or streaming feed anywhere without searching for individual channels.

I know there is another forum for this, but since so many people are just now getting their first taste of Roku, I thought this might get you going.

My wife loves the channel called Kdrama which allows her to watch a lot of Korean soap operas with English subs.

How to set Timer to record on any channel?

Anyone Else Wi-Fi connected?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts