Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
Sorry, still sounds petty.

You really can't wait 4-5 days???

Considering that I got 2 six foot cables for $19.99 at a Whole Sale store.

Considering that I have like 4 that I don't use because my TV only has 1 HDMI input and I use the same cable for everything :D

Note this Historic day that I am agreeing with you!!

Petty is putting it kindly. F'n greedy and impatient FOR FREE stuff is more appropriate.

I'm sorry you all feel like that, but as far as waiting 4-5 days more for the cable, it's already been 7 business day since it was originally order on 7-2. Second, Dish is the one that told me on 7-2 that I would receive the Roku box and the HDMI cable in 4-5 days to start with. Posted on this thread were others who had ordered after me and had already received their Roku and cable. Aside from the fact that it seem like a flip of a coin on who's Dish sent out overnight and who's they didn't. I have no problem in waiting when I'm told a correct waiting period. If on 7-2, Dish would have said delivery would be 3-4 weeks, I would have been fine. But they didn't, and I had to make 2 calls to the Loyalty Dept, both times being told that all had shipped and was on it's way. It wasn't till I called again on 7-10 that I found out that Dish messed up and no orders were placed. That when they overnighted me the Roku on their own, and I was assured the HDMI cable would be along with it. Now again, this wasn't coming from a front line CSR, but Adrian in the Loyalty dept. If at anytime Dish would have been upfront with me, and said, "Sorry, but somehow the order didn't go through, we'll take care of it right now, unfortunately it will take a few more days to reach you." OK, they would have been up front with me. As it is, the supervisor that was to track my Roku box and send me a email along with calling me, (again, the Loyalty Dept words, not me asking that this be done,) did neither.

I think if you look at the facts here a little more closely, you can see that Dish completely drop the ball on my order. Over-nighting the HDMI cable is not an outrageous demand, specially, when by this thread, it was obvious that Dish routinely over-nighted Rokus to a number of subs.

So for those who think this was petty of me, that's your right, but just because something is being given to you free, doesn't mean Dish shouldn't follow through on their word.

And I did look through all my "extra" cables to see if I had one, but HMDI cables is the only one that I had no extras at home.

Just for grins, I would like to know how many in this thread received their HDMI cable if they were told they were going to get one, and how long they waited.

Ghpr13:confused:

Ghpr13 said:
I'm sorry you all feel like that, but as far as waiting 4-5 days more for the cable, it's already been 7 business day since it was originally order on 7-2. Second, Dish is the one that told me on 7-2 that I would receive the Roku box and the HDMI cable in 4-5 days to start with. Posted on this thread were others who had ordered after me and had already received their Roku and cable. Aside from the fact that it seem like a flip of a coin on who's Dish sent out overnight and who's they didn't. I have no problem in waiting when I'm told a correct waiting period. If on 7-2, Dish would have said delivery would be 3-4 weeks, I would have been fine. But they didn't, and I had to make 2 calls to the Loyalty Dept, both times being told that all had shipped and was on it's way. It wasn't till I called again on 7-10 that I found out that Dish messed up and no orders were placed. That when they overnighted me the Roku on their own, and I was assured the HDMI cable would be along with it. Now again, this wasn't coming from a front line CSR, but Adrian in the Loyalty dept. If at anytime Dish would have been upfront with me, and said, "Sorry, but somehow the order didn't go through, we'll take care of it right now, unfortunately it will take a few more days to reach you." OK, they would have been up front with me. As it is, the supervisor that was to track my Roku box and send me a email along with calling me, (again, the Loyalty Dept words, not me asking that this be done,) did neither.

I think if you look at the facts here a little more closely, you can see that Dish completely drop the ball on my order. Over-nighting the HDMI cable is not an outrageous demand, specially, when by this thread, it was obvious that Dish routinely over-nighted Rokus to a number of subs.

So for those who think this was petty of me, that's your right, but just because something is being given to you free, doesn't mean Dish shouldn't follow through on their word.

And I did look through all my "extra" cables to see if I had one, but HMDI cables is the only one that I had no extras at home.

Just for grins, I would like to know how many in this thread received their HDMI cable if they were told they were going to get one, and how long they waited.

I understand your feelings on principle. I was one of the first to receive the offer and one if the first to get my Roku. Mine was sent over night as promised, however my hdmi cable was not. It was never actually ordered. I had to make several calls and go through being told they would charge me for it also. I agree they dropped the ball with the hdmi cables. I will tell you though the over night shipping from dish usually takes longer than standard ups. They use fedex for it and depending on day it its ordered out may actually take 4 to 5 days. so curious to see when you actually get it.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I was lucky enough to have an an extra hdmi wire that I had purchased a while back from monoprice

So now some folks have had a roku for a few days....what are you enjoying about it

I am liking another avenue right now to catch MLB baseball in another room

Agreed. I wish him well in any attempts to take advantage of any future Dish offers. I would imagine there are some pretty descriptive notes attached to his account after this...

cosmo_kramer,
I was nothing but polite when talking to both the CSR and the Loyalty dept, and I take offense at what you're
insinuating. My post speak for them selves since I've been on SatelliteGuys. I have always kept my post civil and non-aggressive. If you or others feel I'm just "blowing smoke," I can post my chats so all can see.

I'm not taking this personal...it's business. Dish made me an offer and then didn't follow through, along with leading me on instead of just telling me what really happened. Be it a $10.00 cable (Dish's price) or $100.00 free Hopper, the principle is still the same.

So Comos, I have no problem with your feeling I was petty, again, that's your right...I had hoped posters on this thread would be more understanding, but whatever. I do have a problem that you or others decided on your own, and with no past proof, that I was anything but civil when dealing with Dish. I have enjoyed Dish since I joined them and have always been very please with their service. Oh, and one more thing, I was an avid watcher of AMC Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, and IFC. So losing those stations was a problem for me.

Ghpr13:usa

I understand your feelings on principle. I was one of the first to receive the offer and one if the first to get my Roku. Mine was sent over night as promised, however my hdmi cable was not. It was never actually ordered. I had to make several calls and go through being told they would charge me for it also. I agree they dropped the ball with the hdmi cables. I will tell you though the over night shipping from dish usually takes longer than standard ups. They use fedex for it and depending on day it its ordered out may actually take 4 to 5 days. so curious to see when you actually get it.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Thank you.
Ghpr13:)

How do you turn on the roku. When I turn mine on I only get a black screen even though the blue light is on in the front. So far I had unplug the power to turn it on.

How do you turn on the roku. When I turn mine on I only get a black screen even though the blue light is on in the front. So far I had unplug the power to turn it on.

Doesn't really go off, I think it just moves to a low power state, I found it odd myself

cosmo_kramer,
I was nothing but polite when talking to both the CSR and the Loyalty dept, and I take offense at what you're
insinuating. My post speak for them selves since I've been on SatelliteGuys. I have always kept my post civil and non-aggressive. If you or others feel I'm just "blowing smoke," I can post my chats so all can see.

I'm not taking this personal...it's business. Dish made me an offer and then didn't follow through, along with leading me on instead of just telling me what really happened. Be it a $10.00 cable (Dish's price) or $100.00 free Hopper, the principle is still the same.

So Comos, I have no problem with your feeling I was petty, again, that's your right...I had hoped posters on this thread would be more understanding, but whatever. I do have a problem that you or others decided on your own, and with no past proof, that I was anything but civil when dealing with Dish. I have enjoyed Dish since I joined them and have always been very please with their service. Oh, and one more thing, I was an avid watcher of AMC Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, and IFC. So losing those stations was a problem for me.

Ghpr13:usa
Maybe it's just me. I called the Loyalty number in the thread to get my free Roku and also received HBO credits. I saw others here were also getting free HDMI cables, but I didn't push for it. I also didn't ask how the Roku was being shipped and how long it would take. To me, those things concern me when I'm buying something. I was just happy to receive something from Dish to try to make up for the lost channels.

How are you connecting it? Diretly to the TV or through an AVR?. If the latter, you may have to go in and configure the input to hdmi. If the former use the supplied composite cable to see if it is working. If it is you may need to use a different hdmi cable.

Got both the 10/12 credit and Roku in on 15 minute call with only one transfer. It was painless and Dish has earned my business for a bit. Although I love the discount and Roku, I still am going to miss Walking Dead/talking dead live, I really hope it gets resolved. Dish is really going all out with this Roku and credits, I think it signals a long battle. Considering all I will miss is Walking Dead, I think I came out way ahead.

:river:river:river:river:river:river

Maybe it's just me. I called the Loyalty number in the thread to get my free Roku and also received HBO credits. I saw others here were also getting free HDMI cables, but I didn't push for it. I also didn't ask how the Roku was being shipped and how long it would take. To me, those things concern me when I'm buying something. I was just happy to receive something from Dish to try to make up for the lost channels.

cosmo_kramer,
Just to clarify, I only ask about the Roku and if it came with a HDMI cable. The Loyalty Dept is the one that told me the would send one out with it. If you look at my original post #2450 in the "Dish Drops AMC" thread, you'll see that. I also didn't ask how long it would take to receive. Again the Loyalty Dept is the one that stated 3-4 days. I was fine with this and never mention anything about over-nighting.

I do have one question...Just how long is one suppose to wait??? What's the appropriate time limit? Or just because it's free, one needs to disregard what ever delivery time Dish gives you and just wait quietly until it comes? And if it doesn't show up does one just shrug his shoulders and says "Oh, well, it was free anyway."?

Also, why such an uproar at Viacom for pulling free programing off the web? I mean, it's free...Viacom was just offering it to let more people see their programs, but hell, since it was free, nothing lost, nothing gain.

Ghpr13:popcorn

cosmo_kramer,Also, why such an uproar at Viacom for pulling free programing off the web? I mean, it's free...Viacom was just offering it to let more people see their programs, but hell, since it was free, nothing lost, nothing gain.Ghpr13:popcorn
Because it was a d*** move that affected a lot more than DirectTV subscribers.

Because it was a d*** move that affected a lot more than DirectTV subscribers.

I realize this and I agree. Viacom did it out of spite with no regard for anyone else. I was just making a point that just because a company is giving you something free, you should still expect the same level of service as if you are buying the item. "Free" doesn't automatically mean that you need to take a back seat to what you would normally expect from the company. In Viacom's case it just shows how low they will go in the name of running a business.

Ghpr13:)

I have the roku set to weather4u screensaver.Whenever I flip the tv over to hdmi2 the screensaver is playing via the roku.Just hit select or home and its on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)