Did you get any incentives to stay with Dish during AMC removal?

Incentives to stay with Dish

• Total voters
how is that our immaturity. It was Dish fault...not subs....that they got into a dispute.

BTW....I got half off of HBO & Starz

There is some truth to your statement. Some people just love to complain and try to take advantage of certain situations. I'll admit that I called in to get a free Roku just because I could, even though I didn't really watch AMC that much. I was fine with just the Roku until Dish dropped BTN. That was a big one for me. Not only did it affect me being able to watch my favorite team but it affected my business. At the time my bill was $160 and I felt that Dish owed me a discount for not having one of my favorite channels while I continue to pay so much.

I did not threaten to leave Dish or make any rude comments to them. I just told them how I felt about paying a lot of money to be able to watch what I want and went those channels get taken away I expect some reimbursement. The person helping actually seemed to get enjoyment from giving me all the discounts he did. He offered me more than I asked for.

When I called two weeks ago, I got a Roku, half off all four premiums for 6 months, free B@H for six months, and $35. I thought it was too good to be true. Turned out it was - I never got the Roku; at least not yet.

I got the Roku and enough credits to make me very happy, and AMC gained a viewer in all of this as I now watch the channel for a show or two, and did not before.

Like many others have stated, I never threatened to leave over it, and had they told me no, I would have kept my contract as it was. However I did ask, nicely, and they said yes.

I got the Roku and enough credits to make me very happy, and AMC gained a viewer in all of this as I now watch the channel for a show or two, and did not before.

Like many others have stated, I never threatened to leave over it, and had they told me no, I would have kept my contract as it was. However I did ask, nicely, and they said yes.
My exact situation too....

I called and complained during the Roku sweepstakes. I got nothing except for a "sometimes these things happen."

We received a Roku, $35 credit, another $35 credit, $5off/3 months, 1/2 off all premiums, BB@H, and sports pack for 6 months. This was two separate times, we called first for breaking bad and then Dish called last week and we got another without asking! we are happy here.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

Initially got $10 credit for 6 months when AMC was first removed. Got the Roku and $35 credit for Breaking Bad.

I got the roku, $10 off 12, 2 $35 one time credits and $2.91 off for 12 months (said they couldnt give a one $35 one time credit). Also got red zone free for 6 months, but im not sure whether that had anything to do with amc. Never once did i say i was looking to leave dish

While I have not totaled the responses of "I was not going to leave" but happy to get the credits, I think Dish did a nice job in providing customer service. Many had a favorite show or two with AMC and the Roku's helped out, and credits on the bill help out as well :)

I got an EHD activated on my 211k for free. Already have a Roku, I'm not on a contract w/ dish & want to keep it that way, so I got no discounts.

More than enough to keep me a happy camper and will help offset the "AMC driven EVIL price increases" that will come in the spring.;)

I was given more than I would haver ever expected. They went out of their way to provide me with world class service. I have had other providers and I don't see any of them doing what dish has done. While losing amc was aggravating, dish went out of their way to accommodate me. I am glad it's over and thankful that I was still able to see the shows we watch during the dispute with our roku and credits.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Didn't threaten to leave, just made them aware how disappointed I was the I could not watch Breaking Bad...got offered a Roku but I turned that down since I have an Apple TV and asked for fre HBO instead. So I got $10 off/12 mths and three months of HBO.
Flash forward to The Walking Dead premiere weekend, did online chat, again never threatened to leave but stated how I wished I could watch TWD. The rep reviewed my account, saw the previous $10/mth credit, acknowledged what a loyal long term customer I've been, and offered an additional $10 off for 12 months.

So $240 in credits and three months of free HBO and I'm a happy camper! Kinda disappointed its all over! LOL

I threw the whole retention pie at me: free 2H/2J system with free install (2yr contract agreement though since I was out of contract for 5 years and owned all of my equipment) + $10 monthly credit for 1yr + free 4 premium pack for 3 months + free Roku.

With the exception of the lack of OTA and the external HDD bugs, I'm overall very happy with the Hopper system and glad to have HD in all rooms now, with shared recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)