Did you get any incentives to stay with Dish during AMC removal?

Incentives to stay with Dish

• Total voters
I got many $10.00 credits for a year on one account & 6 months on the other, 1/2 price premium packs I wanted, a roku player for two of my accounts and $35.00 credits for buying a season pass for two of my accounts as well. I didn't have to buy a season pass at all. I got the first episode of Walking Dead for free and we got AMC back before the second episode started , so I cancelled the pass.

The Roku and one time credit for Breaking Bad. Just got a new ISP and will get an input device to expand number of HDMI inputs I have soon. I already have all 4 of my inputs full on my Yamaha 7.1 AVR.

3 months of $10 credits, plus a month of Showtime, if memory serves.

Don't know why my offer was so low when I have AT250. Perhaps they noted my box never watches IFC or We, and only watches Mad Men on AMC.

I also never threatened to leave. I just noted that the replacements for IFC and We were channels I already had.

Just to be clear, the things I received were given to me when I voiced my displeasure. At no point did I make any threats to cancel or ask for anything. I just had civil conversations about what was going on, and they did what they felt was fair. Like I said before, the way they handled this take down far exceeded any expectation I had. I know people have gotten more or less, but for me, they are in my good graces that is for sure.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

3 months of $10 credits, plus a month of Showtime, if memory serves.

Don't know why my offer was so low when I have AT250. Perhaps they noted my box never watches IFC or We, and only watches Mad Men on AMC.

I also never threatened to leave. I just noted that the replacements for IFC and We were channels I already had.

I'm not sure they have any way of knowing if you watch the channels or not. I think it mostly depends on the level of programming, amount of equipment and being on autopay. The reason I was able to get the credits I did was because I knew what others were getting and I told Dish that what I would like to get if possible. The first level CSR transferred me to the retention department where they have the ability to offer a lot more.

I have technically only been a customer with Dish for two years but have been able to get about any credit I've asked for. It's mostly do to the fact that I subscribe to about everything they offer, have multiple receivers and my bill is autopay with paperless billing. When I pay $160 a month they are pretty nice to me.

Roku 2 XD box, $35 credit, and HBO half off for a year when Breaking Bad premiere was missed. $35 credit and half off my multi-sports package for 6 months when I missed Walking Dead premiere. I did use the credit to get the shows on Amazon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)