Did you use the special upgrade number?

1) When did you call?
4/5 approx 2 pm MST

2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)
8 - had to call twice - automated answering system disconnected me the first time.

3) How many 921's / 622's did you trade up or want to trade up?
2nd upgrade: Upgraded owned 942 to leased 622. Previously upgraded leased 522 to 622.

4) We you able to upgrade? If not why?
yes

5) What other issues came up that should be mentioned
none

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here
n/a

7) Would you like to see Dish Network offer special toll free numbers for forum members for other promoitions in the future?
yes

8) If you could change one thing about your call to upgrade what would it be.
Call took too long because CSR had to read terms/disclaimers multiple times

1) When did you call?

5:45 am MST for the first call. Got in the queue and then was dropped at 6:05 am MST. Called a total of 5 times and the first four calls were dropped after hearing a couple of beeps. Finally the 5th time I got through and wasn't dropped. Total time from first call to to hanging up on the fifth call was 1.25 hours.

2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)

I hated the fact that I was hung up on four times

Traded leased 942 for new leased 622

Yes, got bent over for $250 in October for the 942 and now another $99 (after rebate) for the 622. $350 and I don't even own anything. I'm an idiot.

Once I finally got someone to answer, their computer systems took forever to do anything. Guy apologized all the time for how slow things were.

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here

n/a

7) Would you like to see Dish Network offer special toll free numbers for forum members for other promoitions in the future?

Yep.

CSR seemed a bit scatter brained. Heard the disclaimers and requirements and what not twice. Don't think he realized he'd read it all once already.

1) When did you call?
April 5th 12:00PM

one 921 for 622 and one 811 for 622

yes

none

Getting two. No problem.

yes

nothing

1) When did you call? ~5:45pm, 4/6/06. 1 minute hold time and about 15 minutes talk time (I asked quite a few clarifying questions :D)

2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)? 10+ (Norma in Pittsburgh rules!)

3) How many 921's / 622's did you trade up or want to trade up? 1/942

4) We you able to upgrade? Yes If not why? N/A

5) What other issues came up that should be mentioned? Norma and I were laughing about the terms/disclaimers as she read them. I offered my first born but, she indicated that my children would be safe under the upgrade deal. This is not to say that she didn't take her responsibilities seriously, we just had a nice friendly dialogue going on.

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here. N/A

7) Would you like to see Dish Network offer special toll free numbers for forum members for other promoitions in the future? Yes, absolutely! This was one of the best customer service type interactions I've had in a long time.

8) If you could change one thing about your call to upgrade what would it be. Ummm... I would've called sooner? Kudos to Scott and SatGuys! The information and special "upgrade hotline" provided on this forum resulted in me being one very happy customer. :up

OK here we go...

1) Saturday, 4/1/06

2) 10 - the CSR was fine!

3) 1 942 to upgrade

4) Yes

5) 2 issues -

5a) The CSR could not allow me to also upgrade my 811 - Dish's policy. I was able to get the upgrade added on 4/7/06 however - the CSR initially mentioned the only 1 upgrade policy, I asked her to check this and after consulting with someone, she came back and offered me the $49 upgrade deal which I promptly accepted. Both CSR's did a fine job. - 'way to go Dish!

5b) My install is still scheduled for later this month - I already have the dishes I need for my area and they are working just fine (see my signature) - both receivers are direct change-outs - for the life of me, I cannot understand why I need for an installer to come to my house. This makes no sense to me at all in my particular case.

6) N/A

7) Yes, of course. The forum members tend to be among the most knowledgable and best of customers (again, look at my signature - I'm going to the Platinum + Locals from my current packages). It only makes good business sense to ensure that good customers are treated well!

8) The issues in 5a & 5b above should never arise. Some advance planning could have prevented this.

My two cents.

--Doug

1) 4/7, Around 11 AM CST
2) Overall an 8. Knowlegde of program was a 9. Tech Specific questions a 7.
3) One 921, Purchased Via Exec Office from my original 5000+ Modulator
4) Yes
5) CSR did not advice me of lease fee until I specifically asked.
6) NA
7) Yes
8) Make the upgrade plan similer, less legalease the CSR has to read to. Make the billing more simple instead of having 3-4 small fees that confuse what the monthly cost will be.

1) When did you call?

Wednesday April 5th

9 for sure. The rep knew exactly what I wanted and got the job done quickly.

Only one 942 traded for a ViP622. I also traded a 811 for the ViP211

Sure was, no problem at all. Both receivers as well.

Nothing. The call went super smooth.

I only upgraded one 942.

Yes! It made it super easy for us.

They should do 2nd day air or overnight the new receivers. If they had that available my install would already be done.

1. Called @1:00pm PDT on 4/2
2. 8
3. 921 trade in for 622
4. yes
5. no
6. n/a
7. Yes. Was on hold just a few seconds and got a knowledgeable csr
8. It would be nice if they or UPS would email the tracking info. My company
has UPS send tracking info to customers.

BTW, I received my 622 on 4/10. Waiting install on 4/13. Could do it myself, but want the D1000 to be pointed at 129 and the D500 to stay pointed at 110/119.

1) Called ~4pm PST on 4/10/06
2) 10 min
3) Ordered one vip622 to replace my leased 942.
4) Yes. Upgraded.
5) On-hold time: <1 minute.
6) n/a
7) Yes. It saved a lot of time, especially because the CSR was familiar with the upgrade offer
8) They should allow self-install when a new dish is not required

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts