didn't accept latest software update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
My 811 is at 2.84 and did not take the 2.89 update when asked whether I wanted to. Will e* force the 2.89 at some point in time? or can I have 2.84 indefinitely? I've soft booted a couple of times since and haven't seen the "new software available" screen.

Go into your menu and change it to without your permission, then turn off your 811 over night. (put into standby, don't unplug or cut power to 811, just press the power button on the front of the 811 or remote) If you want to see it, after you change it to without your permission you can put the 811 into standby mode without turning off your TV and it will after a minute or so bring up a downloading software screen and you can watch it download.

There really isn't any reason to have your 811 set to ask permission, other than keeping you from getting updates automatically. But if you want to keep it that way then you can go back in and change it back after the download is finished.

If your 811 still don't take the download after doing that then I don't know. Good Luck

my bad..........
with reading some of the posts regarding 2.89 I purposely declined it.
2.84 seemed to be working fine other than the occasional softboot to get the program guide updated. My ? is whether I can indefinitely stay at 2.84 until Dish fixs the problems with 2.89 or will they force my 811 to take it?

If they were planning to force the update they would have done that when it went widespread. So to answer your question you most likely will be able to stay at 2.84 until the next upgrade. Remember that there are NO guarantees and DISH could change their mind at any time.

I wish I had done the same as you. When I get home I am setting my box to "ask permission before installing." 2.89 is a piece of crap, keep it off your box as long as you possibly can !!

Other than channel changing is VERY SLOW, I do not have any other problems with my 811, What specifically is the problems that you are having. "Piece of crap" is not very definitive.

Well Jerry, my guide gets corrupted almost daily. This requires a reboot to fix. I have had this box 20 months, and with all the previous versions, the most I had to reboot was maybe once every 3 weeks. Now we're down to about every other day.

Does that clarify "piece of crap" any better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)