Didn't take Ozzie Guillen long to upset ALL of the Miami Cuban community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
people were offended by this? he is obviously making a joke, i don't know how people could be mad at him over this, i certainly laughed

i laughed but understand why some would be offended. people forget freedom of speech is a two way street. of course now the ones who were offended are taking things to the extreme.asking this guy be fired. :rolleyes:

i have a sense of humor when it comes to these things but many do not. either way i don't see what the big deal is. and before anyone says anything my family is cuban.

people were offended by this? he is obviously making a joke, i don't know how people could be mad at him over this, i certainly laughed
Because we live in a society of whiny babies who are looking for reasons to be offended by ANYTHING..

Because we live in a society of whiny babies who are looking for reasons to be offended by ANYTHING..

sensitivity is at an all time high when it comes to things like this or race. way too high. but i don't want to get political so i'll leave it there :)

Why am I not surprised that a supporter of Hugo Chavez, is also a fan of Fidel Castro.

Ozzie sure likes the American dollar, though. Hypocrite.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

yourbeliefs said:

What if you replace the name of Fidel Castro with Bin Laden or Hitler? Then what? Marge Schott got suspended a year for or less the same.

Why am I not surprised that a supporter of Hugo Chavez, is also a fan of Fidel Castro.

Ozzie sure likes the American dollar, though. Hypocrite.

What if you replace the name of Fidel Castro with Bin Laden or Hitler? Then what? Marge Schott got suspended a year for or less the same.

Dittos.

First, where is Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig? Castro is one of the most evil murderous and savage people currently alive. Schott (a person with a very limited eduction, BTW) actually made a far milder comment about a person who was long dead. Castro murders and tortures people as we speak. Typical Selig. Hypocrite.

The Cuban community in Miami hates Castro. He stole their property, enslaved their relatives and sent them in to what is going to be, for most all, a lifetime exile in a foreign land. They are right to hate him, because hatred of evil is the purest form of love.

He should be fired.

Why does this man even open his mouth? He just doesn't know how to filter what he says.

I am VERY curious as to what happens after this press conference. Both from the Cuban community and the Marlins front office. IF this effects ticket sales, I would assume they would/are going to fire him. IF they do..and they want to keep a latino as manager, Ozzie's assistant manager, Joey Cora, is more than capable.

To his credit, he is taking questions during his press conference and his statements are according to what I thought it was. Us latinos have a bad habit of trying to translate what we are thinking in spanish to english. When you do that, it does sound right.

Do I THINK he really loves Fidel? No...but know history and let's face it, the guy has not have a good grasp of the english language...which is a recipe for disaster.

As oppose to MOST public figures who hand out/read out loud a public statements WITHOUT taking questions...Ozzie has manned up and I give him credit for that.

To his credit, he is taking questions during his press conference and his statements are according to what I thought it was. Us latinos have a bad habit of trying to translate what we are thinking in spanish to english. When you do that, it does sound right.

Do I THINK he really loves Fidel? No...but know history and let's face it, the guy has not have a good grasp of the english language...which is a recipe for disaster.

As oppose to MOST public figures who hand out/read out loud a public statements WITHOUT taking questions...Ozzie has manned up and I give him credit for that.

He's blaming a language barrier?? Bad move. I used to work with a Russian woman who used that excuse as a crutch and everyone knew her English was better than most of us born here. It didn't take long for her to be called out on it and it probably won't be with Guillen either...

He's blaming a language barrier?? Bad move. I used to work with a Russian woman who used that excuse as a crutch and everyone knew her English was better than most of us born here. It didn't take long for her to be called out on it and it probably won't be with Guillen either...

this whole thing from start to finish is just a bad move on this part lmao. but salsa makes a good point. i deal with many latinos who have said something they didn't mean because they did not translate what they were trying to say in spanish to english properly. i'm not saying that's the case with ozzy or most latinos but from personal experience i've had to deal with these misunderstandings. ozzy is just an idiot and it was only a matter of time he said something stupid.

Obviously, the Marlins knew Guillen was a loose cannon when they hired him. They probably expected he would say something to piss off an umpire, an opponent, or even one of his own players at some point. But, a key part of their own fan base?? Wow.

Maybe this will help Guillen develop some kind of filter now....

Obviously, the Marlins knew Guillen was a loose cannon when they hired him. They probably expected he would say something to piss off an umpire, an opponent, or even one of his own players at some point. But, a key part of their own fan base?? Wow.

Maybe this will help Guillen develop some kind of filter now....
its beyond dumb but as you mentioned the guy has no filter.

Have you EVER heard his english? Try living down here... Believe me when I tell you the answer is yes. My wife is Cuban and she has family here longer than you and I have been alive...and the accent is so deep and so difficult to understand that I would much rather talk to him in spanish.

Hell, if you heard his press conference, he didn't even know what the phrase "mend the fences" meant when he was asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts