Difference between Satellite and Channel lists

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mre

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
I've been doing a lot of reading on this board and want to starting playing with FTA, however, there are a few things that I can't find the answers to. One topic is the use of Satellite and Channel lists. I've read Iceberg's thread about Channelmaster and he seems to indicate that Channels lists are somewhat of an organization tool, allowing the user to order, rename, and eliminate channels from the guide. Therefore, it sounds like a method of making the receiver and channel listings more user friendly. On the other hand what does a Satellite list do? Does this allow me to load a list of Satellites to the receiver? If I were to dump this information from a receiver what information would each list contain? Do these lists contain current transponder information? Essentially, to further my understanding of the receivers, I would like to know what information each of these lists hold.

I hesistated to post this question because being a newbie, I'm concerned that these questions that I'm asking are only questions that a hacker would ask. If this is the case, I apologize, but it's hard to disseminate relevant FTA questions from questions that would unknowingly brand me as a hacker.

The lists are one in the same.

When you open the list is has the satellites and the stored channels per satellite.

The editors make it a whole lot faster to fix things like AM9 being at the wrong location, adding IA8, as well as re-naming channels to friendlier names.

not a problem :)

A channel list is basically an edited list that you dump into the receiver. The reason I use one is some channels have werid names like
TV 2
Service 1
Occasional Use 4
etc

You can rename them using the remote on the receiver but it can be very time consuming. Channelmaster allows you to rename them at your comuter (where its easier to type them in) :)

Thanks for the replies. For example, if I look at the Loader app there are three fields, each for a unique file: Bin, Channel list, and Satellite and TP. It was seeing this that prompted me to ask the question because the app seems to indicate that there is a difference between the two files.

List of channels

Does anyone know where I can get a list of all the channels and the channel numbers for dn and bev? I have looked around but maybe I overlooked them or just underlooked them. Thanks in advance :up

always funny when people PM you stuff like this because "they know the rules" but yet they post it here too....

**sigh**

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)