Differences between 3 Hoppers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm sure you can find one online, as long as you don't want it tied to whether it's recording or not. :D

(With 16 tuners, you can probably assume at least one tuner is recording all the time anyways. Hehe)

But seriously... If you really feel that you need LEDs to prevent interrupting a recording, don't you also need one to indicate that someone in another room is watching live on a Joey? Wouldn't it be just as bad to interrupt that? What about one to warn that a recording is going to start in a few minutes so that you don't mess up that either?

But seriously... If you really feel that you need LEDs to prevent interrupting a recording, don't you also need one to indicate that someone in another room is watching live on a Joey? Wouldn't it be just as bad to interrupt that? What about one to warn that a recording is going to start in a few minutes so that you don't mess up that either?

Of course you do. You need lights that correspond with ALL the functions, tuners, and outlets.

Dish has taken this into consideration and is working hard to rectify this egregious oversight with the Hopper 4. Here's a spy shot of the H4 in the Dish testing labs:

giphy.gif

This is why I still like the ViP722k. It has a blue LED to indicate that TV2 is in use.

Reactions: charlesrshell
HWS speed under the CGUI is tolerable. No better.

Lost functionality, and errors make it quite poor. I saw an icon for "Bong Appetit"

After a WTF, I opened it on the TV. It was an entirely different show. But on DA, it shows hemp enfused Texas BBQ as the show. Trying to play it via DA gets a black screen. This is not unique. I have several incorrect icons, sometimes a dozen or so instances of the same icon, with different programs listed under them.

Knowing their programmers, they'd add it, but not think to tie it to the internal clock, and therefore make you set it manually or have it blinking 12:00 all the time. :D
Even that would be a good feature. Some people like to set their clocks five minutes fast (for example) to make sure they always leave early so they are not running late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)