Differences Between The 811 and 211?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Ranger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Currently have a 811 and am wondering what advantages the 211 has? The 811 is somewhat sluggish when changing channels yet still miles better than My Comcast DVR. Is the 211 any better? I understand the 211 is able to handle MPG4 yet really don't know if that is much of a benefit.

Thanks
Mr Ranger

The 211 has MEPG4 capabilities which means you can get your HD locals through Dish (if available) and the newer HD channels that have been added recently

Aside from the aforementioned MPEG4 channels, I've found the channel changing and reboots to be faster with the 211 vs. the 811.

The only thing I wish Dish had incorporated into the 211 is the UHF antenna/remote capability. What a wonderful idea they had when it was placed in the 811, but didn't carry it over to the upgraded receiver (cost-cutting, perhaps?)

The 811 has analog OTA in addition to the digital OTA. The 211 only has digital OTA.

I find that the 211 will not make a digital OTA available if there is any PSIP inconsistancy but the 811 will map the channel.

I currently have both and am about to get rid of my 811 and get another 211. I miss the MPEG4 channels that are available on the 211.

Iceberg said:
correct. Can you not get them OTA?

Yes, however to record them off air is something I am not familiar with. And if the 211 is indeed faster at changing channels, is reason enough to switch.

I've had both receivers and the 211 is a better receiver in all aspects. To me, SD looks a lot better in the 211 than in the 811 even if you use the RF output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)