Different local channels & sports channels question

bobinraymoremo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Raymore MO
When you change your service address along with networks you also get some regional sports channels. Is there an easy way to see which channels? Even though I have set the guide to 'Channels I get' the guide lists all the regional sports channels and no they are not gray or in a different font/color than any other channel.

Sent from my LM-V405 using the SatelliteGuys app!

DirecTV.com/local

DirecTV.com/RSN

May help ??

And once you know which is your RSN you set it as a fav with the up arrow . Forgot the name of that feature

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Your local RSNs will vary by team in some areas you are entitled to a team that isn’t on a local RSN so you have to subscribe to Sports Pack to get that team. One example Clay County, NC in Atlanta DMA gets Cincinnati Reds games but you must subscribe to Sports Pack to get FSN Cincinnati to watch the Reds.

In CT I am in both Boston and NY markets but DTV will choose what I get based on what part of the state I’m in.

In CT I am in both Boston and NY markets but DTV will choose what I get based on what part of the state I’m in.
Same for me in Cheshire CT. I get all of the NYC rsns, but not all of the Boston ones. Do you get the Celtics on Comcast Sportsnet? I don't. Do you get the Mets on SNY? I do.

Same for me in Cheshire CT. I get all of the NYC rsns, but not all of the Boston ones. Do you get the Celtics on Comcast Sportsnet? I don't. Do you get the Mets on SNY? I do.

Down on the shore I get NESN, Yes, SNY, MSG. No NBCSB. Up north if I had DTV, they swap out MSG for NBCSB.

Fwiw, the "Channels I Get" has never worked ...
Go into the Custom section and put in what channels you want to see.
I think it worked once upon a time, but not since before I can remember.

Does DirecTV choose the channels ? Or are they just following the guidelines based on that zip code ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does DirecTV choose the channels ? Or are they just following the guidelines based on that zip code ?

They have to follow the law regarding who can get what locals from what zip code. They have to deliver the channels designated for that market area, but have the option of delivering any stations designated "significantly viewed" for that zip (usually big city stations available to people just outside their market area, though the stations in their DMA are usually lobbying to get those removed from the list)

As for RSNs that's governed by contracts and isn't necessarily the same with different providers (i.e. cable systems may have different RSN footprints than Directv does)

Indeed. There isn't a CT zipcode that allows for all Boston and NY RSN's. Trust me. I looked. :)
I think the best you can do is lose the Celtics like I do, or the Mets, or one of the NY hockey teams. Even though I get SNY and MSG, sometimes the Sabres are blacked out.

Your local RSNs will vary by team in some areas you are entitled to a team that isn’t on a local RSN so you have to subscribe to Sports Pack to get that team. One example Clay County, NC in Atlanta DMA gets Cincinnati Reds games but you must subscribe to Sports Pack to get FSN Cincinnati to watch the Reds.

For the record, the Greensboro DMA and NC parts of the Charlotte and Greenville-Spartanburg, SC DMAs (roughly) also get the Reds with the sports pack. Roughly Raleigh DMA and east does not. A FEW Reds games were simulcast on FS-Southeast on the -1 or -2 channel that we could watch without the Sports Pack in those areas. I used to live in the corner of the Greensboro, Raleigh, and Roanoke VA DMAs and the Sports Pack also got us the DC United MLS games I noticed, on NBC Sports Washington.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts