Difficulty getting FoxNews.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Some Call Me Tim

Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
I am having a problem with FoxNews since it changed satellites. I have a small dish but keep a BUD for times of heavy rain and hurricanes. I can’t seem to find the FoxNews signal. I can get EWTN (ch. 11) and Shop NBC (ch. 12) on G15. I can even get Discovery East channel on AMC10. I have aligned the Dish, replaced the server motor and LNB but still cannot get FoxNews. I have even tried two receivers, and two different decoder modules (with the same receivers). Yes, I have the correct polarity. I get a signal like I have not subscribed but not the screen message saying that I need to subscribe. Yes, I have gotten my subscription signal “bumped”, but to no avail. I find this most perplexing and any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

This is really interesting. I have the same thing happening on one of my receiver/dish combinations. I went to another receiver/dish setup and found the normal "This Descrambler is not authorized" notice (I'm not subscribed to Fox News). I then went to another receiver/dish combo and got the "This Descrambler is not authorized" notice. When I roll the picture, I can see that Fox News is there and active. What's strange is that on the decoder module that has the movie subscription, that is the one with a blank screen. The modules without the subscription have the "not authorized' notice. It's almost like if you have a subscription to another service, then you end up with the blank screen.

So the problem is not yours. It's somewhere in the etherworld of C-band. Maybe someone put an upgrade to VCII into the encryption system and it still has a few bugs in it. All you can do is report it to your subscription service and hope for the best. Good luck.

Did Fox news pull there consumer data stream? I currently have no VCII channels I subscribe to, and get a senario such as that on WGN. It shows the WGN info screen, but just a black picture. I got a rehit and have the latest monthly keys. Setup zero shows S-S on WGN but no picture. My Fox news shows S-NS same for ESPN. IMO I think there doing something different with the VC-II consumer tier bits.

I had Fox News fine a little earlier without any problems.

I called NPS about a week ago when I found out that Fox News was going to G11 and PowerVu and the lady said that they would re-uplink it on a digital channel as soon after the move as possible.

She did confirm that some people were having difficulty getting Fox News right now because of the start of the move.

Interesting. So I am SOL? Too bad, FoxNews is the only C-Band channel that I subscribe to, and that is in case of a bad storm event. So, uplink to a digital channel means 4DTV? A couple of years ago I heard FoxNews was wide open on FTA, is this still true? Thanks.

It is the only channel that I subscribe to as well. It would mean 4DTV for a digital uplink.

I have not heard or read about FoxNews being open to FTA or not. That would be fantastic if they were.

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)