Difficulty of Voom dish pointing.

cameron119

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Is Voom anymore difficult to find at 61.5 than the Echostar birds? I'm starting to get nervous as my installation date approaches.

If I already have a DISH dish pointed at 61.5...would I need to move that dish up or down to see VOOM?

I haven't seen any Voom dishes in my area yet. I also haven't seen any Dish 300's pointed in conspicuously eastern directions. I'm really not sure how qualified the installers will be when they show up. I just want to know if it's a bigger issue than with the Dish 300.

Your dish pointed at 61.5 should work but even if it works its worth getting it repeaked in, as every little helps, and if they are giving you a new dish TAKE IT! Its a bad sign if an "installer" cant find 61.5, I cheat my signal meter tells me when I find it, it beeps and displays "FOUND 61.5" then I just peak it in to get the best possible signal!!!!!

Well, i threw a DirecTV dual LNB dish up at 61.5 with a dish network 301 receiver and picked-up most transponders at 84. The others were in the 60's. Transponders 4, 20, 28 I think didn't come in at all. I may have them confused. I'm heading over to lyngsat to see what is on those transponders...hopefully spot beams or nothing at all.

It appears that the transponders I couldn't get aren't active. That's good news. The 84 strength isn't bad considering a tree limb is in the way (will be removed sometime next week).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)