Difficulty upgrading my father to HD.

Battlestar_Jim

Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
Texas
My father has wanted to upgrade to HD for the last two years, but when he called originally he was given a very poor offer. So he's stayed with his SD receivers for the last two years. I am trying to help him out, and hoping someone here can help me figure out exactly what he will need to do since I've never heard what the Dish reps tell him.

His two receivers (both are owned and not leased) are:
3000 (had since 97)
301E (had since 02)

They also told him he would need a new dish, and he thinks his dish model is "500". From what I remember they told him upgrading would be a $200-$300 ordeal which he thought was too much when they were giving new subscribers equipment for free.

I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly what new equipment he will need and if there are any offers available for him that won't cost him so much money. Does he really need a new dish? Will he have to get rid of his old receivers?

He only needs one HD receiver as he only has one HDTV, but two would be nice to be ready for a second tv. He doesn't receive locals and won't need to even in the event of an upgrade. I hope this is enough information for someone to help me out. I just want him to be able to see all of his football games in HD finally! Thank you.

If he is a plan A or B customer the receiver upgrade will be free but he will have to pay the technician visit fee of $15(DHPP) or $95.

his old recievers may not work if they put him on eastern arc, iirc its all mpeg4

if hes been a customer that long, hes out of contract
talk to retentions

if they wong give hem a 722k, and 211 then call directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)