Why does dish keep recording their crappy July event thing on my HDD?

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have erased it twice, deleted the timer and it continues to show up ... that seems pretty crummy to me.

In the back of my mind I've wondered this...what if I have 2 overlapping timers at the time that the Dish ad is scheduled to record? I would hope it has a lower priority than my timers and not interfere with an actual timer event.

dare2be said:
In the back of my mind I've wondered this...what if I have 2 overlapping timers at the time that the Dish ad is scheduled to record? I would hope it has a lower priority than my timers and not interfere with an actual timer event.

It has been mentioned that these dish ads record in space not available to the user so just delete and move on...in the greater scheme of things we all have better tnhings to be upset about

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Regarding the original problem, the event should not download more than once, and should not interrupt any timers/streaming that is occurring.

Section 4-F - http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/legal/RCA.pdf

Maybe you should read the document yourself and point out where it says this?

Downloading software, etc isn't the same thing as I am confident you are aware of.

This thing has shown up on my HDD 3 times this month and it is just plain tacky.

Was this helpful? lol :rolleyes:

... as usual, you're on your game . Any way to delete both of your folks with one click .... LOL

Seems about all you two really do is lurk around and post rather snide comments. I have to wonder what you point is or if it is a total lack of a point.

Almost all the folks around here are very helpful and quite knowledgeable - pay attention and you may learn something. I know I sure have.

It has been mentioned that these dish ads record in space not available to the user so just delete and move on...in the greater scheme of things we all have better tnhings to be upset about

Ross
I'm not upset. It was just a curiosity question to add to the original topic.

... as usual, you're on your game . Any way to delete both of your folks with one click .... LOL

Seems about all you two really do is lurk around and post rather snide comments. I have to wonder what you point is or if it is a total lack of a point.

Almost all the folks around here are very helpful and quite knowledgeable - pay attention and you may learn something. I know I sure have.
You attack KAB and get called on it and you (try to) attack me? lol :rolleyes:

Here's an earlier thread that you started because you did not like the answers received in an earlier thread. You again attack KAB repeatedly when he initially gave you good solid advice. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../247560-can-hd-dish-signal-sent-wireless.html

Then immediately above (Post #17) you attack or rebuke Matt G who has posted a reference that apparently you are unable to understand? lol
("DISH Network may, through periodic downloads, ... provide data and content to PVR/DVR products ... ")

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)